2008 Re-Draft: #10

Real Deal

2008 Re-Draft: #10  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

1) Chicago Bulls - Derrick Rose

2) Miami Heat - OJ Mayo

3) Minnesota Timberwolves - Brook Lopez

4) Oklahoma City Thunder - Russell Westbrook

5) Memphis Grizzlies - Michael Beasley

6) New York Knicks - Anthony Randolph

7) Los Angeles Clippers - Eric Gordon

8) Milwaukee Bucks - Kevin Love

9) Charlotte Bobcats - Courtney Lee

10) New Jersey Nets - ?

Who do the Nets take at 10?

I'm going to go with Thompson as well. The Nets are lacking a power forward (I don't think that Yi is ever going to amount to anything) and Thompson can end up becoming a pretty good power forward if he develops properly. He would give the Nets a very good, athletic, young team that could really push the pace and get out and run, but can also be effective in a half court situation because of the penetrating ability of Harris and his ability to make plays off of the bounce for not only himself but his teammates as well.

The Nets are in need of a big man and Thompson is definitely the best big available, and one of the better prospects available as well. It makes sense as far as I am concerned.

• Owner

Too many question marks up front. I gotta take Thompson as well. Chalmers and Augustin would be good picks, but they'd play behind Harris, and Devin has to run the point. All three need the ball in their hands.

I like Rush here as a second option, no bias. :) He plays defense and did show signs of improvement in the second half of the season last year (for Indiana).

But the Nets were smart to take Lopez in the real draft, and they would be smart to pick up Thompson if this were a real-life situation.

i choose Thompson as well, mainly because of the success Lopez had. Lopez is deffinately the better player out of the two, but he had a great opportunity to play in NJ. Thompson will be the same, with less stress to perform then in SAC.

I just dont see Gallinari amounting to much.

Edited by BlueDevil