Darrell Arthur provides energy to Grizzlies

La Bomba

The second-year forward leaped toward the rim on a missed shot. He tipped the basketball and then tapped it again. Arthur then finally corralled the ball and tossed in a score.

"I know the coaches will be pleased with that kind of effort," Arthur said, realizing that he's off to a good start after missing the first week and a half of training camp because of an injury.

"You can try to do too much when you get back. But I'm going to try to make an impact. I have to settle into a role that will help this team. I'm not going to try to rush anything. I'm going to let the game come to me."

Arthur isn't starting in the same position he did last season. The 6-9 native of Dallas, where the Griz face the Mavericks in preseason action tonight, won't be the starter at power forward.

He's clearly planted behind newcomer and the more-established Zach Randolph.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/oct/11/arthur-provides-energy/

• Owner

DARRELL ARTHUR!

I really hope he does good this season, even if he is backing up Randolph. I know Zach is the better scorer, and I also realize that Arthur isn't ready to start, but I hope he proves to be a legit starter, and pushes Randolph aside. All of that garbage about his health was BS (during the draft)...made me sick to my stomach, and it dropped Arthur from a potential top 10 pick to the bottom half of the first round. Hell, he was a top three projected pick months before the draft.

I'll be rooting for him.

DARRELL ARTHUR!

I really hope he does good this season, even if he is backing up Randolph. I know Zach is the better scorer, and I also realize that Arthur isn't ready to start, but I hope he proves to be a legit starter, and pushes Randolph aside. All of that garbage about his health was BS (during the draft)...made me sick to my stomach, and it dropped Arthur from a potential top 10 pick to the bottom half of the first round. Hell, he was a top three projected pick months before the draft.

I'll be rooting for him.

This. to a t.