Gordon Reaches Agreement With Pistons

The Pistons have reached a deal in principle with Ben Gordon, a source with knowledge of talks tells Adrian Wojnarowski.

The deal is believed to be worth $55 million over five years.

RealGM Note: Gordon was ranked 48th in season FIC during the 2008-09 season and 'deserved' a salary of $11.24 million. He played under the qualifying offer after being unable to reach an agreement with Chicago.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60263/20090701/gordon_reaches_agreement_with_pistons/

What does this mean for Hamilton?

It's a shame he is undersized. He's a terrific player but seems like a Jason Terry type player where he should be playing off the bench as the sixth man. He clearly has the skill set of a starter, though and is unwilling to play second fiddle.

Rip Hamilton is officially on the block now with this signing. I wonder what contender is gonna acquire Rip from the Pistons. LA anybody since Sasha is a horribly back up and Rip would understand he is being a backup behind Kobe.

^ What do you mean?

They are trying to get younger but still want a decent team.

Just say RIP is gone. Gordon is one of the biggest offensive weapons in the NBA.

He can put up better numbers than RIP if given the minutes.

^ What do you mean?

They are trying to get younger but still want a decent team.

Just say RIP is gone. Gordon is one of the biggest offensive weapons in the NBA.

He can put up better numbers than RIP if given the minutes.

What he gives them in scoring, he doesn't give them in defense. Detroit will feel like they're playing with 4 defenders instead of five. Gordon doesn't understand the concept.

Tyson for Rip is being rumored on Hornets boards.

Yeah, as a Hornets fan, I wouldn't mind that. Send them Tyson and Daniels for Rip plus some throw-ins on both side. Detroit needs a center; New Orleans needs a SG and adding Rip would help Thornton develop and learn from a very good vet.

I honestly can't believe the Bulls let Gordon go. He was a good player for them; yeah his shot selection wasn't great but he plays well coming off the bench. Not a smart move letting him go. The Bulls have a fairly young core of players that were improving each year. I don't understand the lack of effort in getting him back

I honestly can't believe the Bulls let Gordon go. He was a good player for them; yeah his shot selection wasn't great but he plays well coming off the bench. Not a smart move letting him go. The Bulls have a fairly young core of players that were improving each year. I don't understand the lack of effort in getting him back

Yeah, I have my questions about Chicago too concerning their 'pursuit' of BG. The only thing I can think of is them saving the money for Dwyane Wade next off-season, which I think could be a legit possibility. You look at a Chicago team that will have a nice young core in place, a better Derrick Rose, and a team that'll likely get into the playoffs again, IMO. Offer that package to a superstar that your team has been lacking since the days of MJ, and a hometown star while you're at it. Makes a lot of sense, and I could see it happening, though I found it strange that Wade came out in the media today and said that the Bulls really needed to re-sign Gordon.

hahaha they should kept mullens suckers.

i think rip could possibly go to the Celtics just have a gut feeling

maybe Bill Walker and Baby, Powe or Patrick O'Brien? if pistons are looking for young guys i could see it happening

They sign Gordon and Villa? Did Dumars make out with D'Antoni he loves too much offense now and no defense. And yes I guess Rip is on the block now... yeah Denver would be a great fit!!! Cmon another trade Dumars!!! :rolleyes:

N4S has a point though, and this Piston fan also says Dumars brought no name Ben Wallace, something to prove Billups, weak rookie Tayshaun, and traded 30 ppg scorer Stackhouse for Rip... turned out they're all great trades/ acquisitions. Maybe these are too? Only time can tell... but I wouldn't spend 11 mil on a guard who doesn't play D like Gordon although he's awesome in clutch.

When i read about this earlier today I was shocked. Does this mean RIP and Sheed Go? Does Rip play the bench role. Detroit has a good scorer with BG, but what happends if he dosent produce as expected. Do they keep RIP and let BG play bench? Does RIP get traded, its a good move but questionable..