Do you consider the Beatles overrated?

reno

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No, they influenced many bands. Sure now you don't care but w.e.

In the future people will say yeah Eminem or Jay Z are legends, then people from that time will say....who are they? They are old as hell, forget them.

Also, how could they be overrated today? They have not made a song in ages...its the same songs as always that people like.

Edited by SRV

So did Blink 182

Ok but Blink 182 is not even close to being half as popular as The Beatles...

50 years from now people will know who The Beatles are, in about 10 years [if Blink 182 breaks up] no one will know even notice they are gone.

Thats like comparing Led Zeppelin to Paramore or something stupid like that, sure they both influence people..but cmon.

Edited by SRV

Personally all the bands from the 60s and 70s are overrated, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Black Sabbath they were the pioneers of rock yes but people act like they are the greatest thing ever. The music isnt all that attractive to listen to either.

Im' telling you those Jonas Brothers are unforgettable! haha jp.

I do consider the Beatles overrated in terms of their own success as a band, but as influence goes i think that the impact they've had on other bands and artists is major and quite very obvious and that right there defiantly deserves the recognition the Beatles always seem to be getting.

I don't think they are overrated. They influenced so many, in many different genres. They also had such a vast and high quality amount of work in a short period of time together. Not sure how you can say they are overrated when they were so important to music. I don't even listen to their music but I can appreciate it.

I don't think so. I used to think they were overrated, but now I think that so many people find them overrated that they are actually a bit underrated (if that makes any sense). No matter what you think of their musical ability or if you care for their music, you have to respect them. To pump out as many number one tracks and albums as they did is simply amazing. They are not always my favorite band to listen to, but they deserve every ounce of respect and recognition that they get.

And kingfish, gtfo with that Blink 182 BS. The Beatles revolutionized the music industry more so than anybody in the 20th century.

So did Blink 182

LMAO! Nickelback?

I'm not a Beatles fan, I put yes, but only because of all the dumbass kids listening to em right now that have no idea what the songs mean and just found out about them. Comparing them to the Bee Gees is flat out hilarious though