Albert Pujols - Greatest Player in Baseball at the moment?

KurbyFX

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiretap_archives/15587/20090701/pujols_joins_elite_group_with_30_hrs/

Pujols Joins Elite Group With 30 HRs

1st July, 2009 - 8:29 am

MLB.com - Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols hit his 29th and 30th home runs on Tuesday night, joining an elite group in the process.

Pujols is just the 32nd player in Major League history to hit 30 home runs before the All-Star break. He had never reached the mark in his illustrious career.

The last player to accomplish the feat was Alex Rodriguez just two seasons ago.

"It's a great accomplishment," Pujols said. "But my job is to go out there and to do everything that I can to help my team out to win every night. And obviously it hasn't happened over the last couple of games here."

What he has done this year has been outrageous. He would have been my #1 pick if I had the #1 pick for fantasy baseball league. He's just on a tear.. does he hit 50 this year? Not only can he hit the home run, he has a great BP and seems like a beast to be around.

A few prominent people think he might, but no real strong allegations. I think he's clean. Then again I thought alot of guys were clean.

I think he's the best player in the game right now. People argue for Mauer and a few other guys, but Pujols is so consistent, and so dominant.

My top 5 All Around Hitters

1. A.Pujols

2. A.Rodriguez

3. H.Ramirez

4. M.Ramirez

5. A.Gonzalez

My top 5 All Around Position Players

1. A.Rodriguez

2. A.Pujols

3. A.Gonzalez

4. D.Wright

5. I.Suzuki