lets pretend...

Big Penny

lest pretend that pheonix held onto their top players. imagine this:

PG. Steve Nash

SG. Leonadro Barbosa

SF. Joe Johnson

PF. Shawn Marion

C. Amar'e Stoudemire

with Raja Bell and Grant Hill of the bench?

that team would own... quite a small team, but they would be running so that may work to their advantage

:o

^ I agree with kingfish.

With D'Antoni and that team, we would do really well in the regular season and maybe snatch 60-65 wins but we wouldn't last long in either the second or first round in the playoffs.

Running with both Nash-Barbosa-Johnson isn't the best thing to do either. Barbosa would mess up himself because he needs the ball in his hands, and he would mess up Nash because he's not gonna look for open shots either.

Johnson could play it but I'm pretty sure it's not the best system that fits him.

• 2 weeks later...

Or how about holding on to Rondo/Deng/Fernandez/Robinson who were all traded for the next pick and Kurt Thomas.

-Rondo was traded for a pick that end up being Rudy Fernandez

- Rudy Fernandez was traded along with James Jones for "cash"

-Deng was traded for a pick that end up being Nate Robinson

-Nate Robinson was traded with Q-Rich for Kurt Thomas.

So the Suns could have

C- Amare Stoudemire

F- Shawn Marion

F- Luol Deng

G- Raja Bell

G- Steve Nash

With either Rondo or Rudy off the bench along with Grant Hill, Boris Diaw, Barbosa. All they would need would be another big off the bench and I think with that cast it would've definetly attracted a guy like McDyess or Sheed to flirt with the idea of going there.

There's always playing that "what-if" game, and believe me it never turns out good. The Suns got really lucky with picking up A'mare with the 9th pick. If the Suns did happen to make all the right decisions they'd probably have won a championship already, but if every other team had done the same the league would have a lot more close games and better teams.