BCS Rankings

Cobb

Miami beat 4 ranked teams to start the season.

We beat a pre-meltdown FSU, a very good GT team that beat Virginia Tech on Saturday and an OU team that without Bradford almost beat the number 3 team in the country.

Who has Iowa beat? Overrated Penn St.? Wisconsin isn't that good either. Miami 's one loss was in a monsoon, on the road at Lane Stadium. Iowa still has to travel to MSU and Columbus so we'll see where they are after that.

Also, the ACC has 3 top 15 teams. Miami, GT and VT are better than any team in the Big 10...including Iowa. Tell me what makes Iowa better than Miami, GT or Virginia Tech?

Just because Miami stole a couple games at home doesn't make up for the fact they got destroyed by VT. Beating Okhlahoma 21-20 w/o Bradford does not impress me. The fact you mention Florida State is funny, FSU could have easily won that game, beating a 2-4 team does not impress me. I've stated my reasons why Iowa is better it be dumb to do so again when you can just scroll up.

Just because Miami stole a couple games at home doesn't make up for the fact they got destroyed by VT. Beating Okhlahoma 21-20 w/o Bradford does not impress me. The fact you mention Florida State is funny, FSU could have easily won that game, beating a 2-4 team does not impress me. I've stated my reasons why Iowa is better it be dumb to do so again when you can just scroll up.

Miami stole those games at home?!?! Are you serious?

Miami absolutely dominated Georgia Tech and the Big 12 refs vs. OU kept us from making it 28-13 rather than 21-20. I can tell you didn't watch the games. FSU went out and crushed BYU the week after we beat them. It was the USF game where the meltdown began for them and their problems have everything to do with things going on behind the scenes right now.

Miami lost on the road in a fricken monsoon against the number 4 team in the country.

I think it's because they won @ Penn State and @ Wisconsin two ranked teams. Penn State is ranked higher than Ohio State and Wisconsin is ranked higher than Notre Dame. Not to mention Iowa beating Arizona. Also not to mention Iowa being undefeated. That is why they are ahead of USC.

Wisconsin was ranked because they beat a bunch of terrible teams. Their best game was vs. Ohio St and they got pounded by an average OSU* team. People knew Wisconsin wasn't as good as their ranking showed too.

Penn St.'s schedule is even more of a joke as it consists or juggernauts like Syracuse, Temple, Akron and Eastern Illinois. Give me a break that OOC schedule is weaker than UF's.

Iowa beat one okay and we'll see what happens when they go to Columbus in a few weeks. I think they lose at MSU this week but we'll see.

Notre Dame a team that lost to Michigan?

You mean that same horrible Michigan team Iowa beat down by a monstrous 2 points at home?

Edited by Flash

Wisconsin was ranked because they beat a bunch of terrible teams. Their best game was vs. Ohio St and they got pounded by an average OSU* team. People knew Wisconsin wasn't as good as their ranking showed too.

Penn St.'s schedule is even more of a joke as it consists or juggernauts like Syracuse, Temple, Akron and Eastern Illinois. Give me a break that OOC schedule is weaker than UF's.

Iowa beat one okay and we'll see what happens when they go to Columbus in a few weeks. I think they lose at MSU this week but we'll see.

You mean that same horrible Michigan team Iowa beat down by a monstrous 2 points at home?

A win is a win no? Anyway you cut Iowa is undefeated, Miami is not. End of story, have a nice day.

A win is a win no? Anyway you cut Iowa is undefeated, Miami is not. End of story, have a nice day.

So then your argument about USC beating OSU* and ND is nothing because a win is a win no?

LOL @ the Big Ten apologist. Almost as bad as the SEC homers.

So then your argument about USC beating OSU* and ND is nothing because a win is a win no?

LOL @ the Big Ten apologist. Almost as bad as the SEC homers.

You are saying the ACC is a tough conference, what is that based off? I'd take the Big 10 over the ACC overall.

You are saying the ACC is a tough conference, what is that based off? I'd take the Big 10 over the ACC overall.

Not saying the ACC is tough by any means but neither is the Big 10. Neither conference is that great but Big 10 teams are continuously overrated each year until they play a big OOC game and get rocked. Iowa hasn't played a half decent OOC opponent so I guess we'll just have to wait for the bowl.

You didn't watch the Ohio State/Wisconsin game. I know it already. Wisconsin was in that game the entire time, and if they had any competency at the quarterback position, they would of went into Columbus and won that football game. They're a very good team, but they're not a top-twenty team by any means.

And going into Happy Valley maybe isn't quite going into Lane Stadium, but it's probably pretty damn close.

You didn't watch the Ohio State/Wisconsin game. I know it already. Wisconsin was in that game the entire time, and if they had any competency at the quarterback position, they would of went into Columbus and won that football game. They're a very good team, but they're not a top-twenty team by any means.

And going into Happy Valley maybe isn't quite going into Lane Stadium, but it's probably pretty damn close.

The Iowa win at Penn St was expected as just about everyone picked Iowa. Iowa just has Penn St.'s number lately. Not just that but PSU is overrated. I just dont think the Big 10 is very good.

Great logic dude. You use Miami's close wins against BCS teams, teams that were ranked at the moment, against them yet you fail to mention Iowa had close wins against teams that are barley Division 1.

Great logic dude. You use Miami's close wins against BCS teams, teams that were ranked at the moment, against them yet you fail to mention Iowa had close wins against teams that are barley Division 1.

Yeah it goes both ways you are right. Honestly you can't compare the two teams because they haven't played any similar opponents. However, saying Iowa isn't good because the big 10 is over rated is dumb.

fish, who is your favorite team? you are worse than some sec homers, because at least the teams in the sec are decent.

Penn State ;)

top 5 IF you beat USC

I think Oregon can win in Eugene against SC but you would be right there with Miami for that 4th spot.( I think Miami passes Boise and Cincy due to strength of schedule and I think Iowa loses at MSU and at *)

Edited by Flash

SEC homers are right though. I consider myself an SEC homer. The SEC is the best conference in America, bar none. No conference in America is even comparable to what the SEC does year in and year out.

you guys sure prove yourself with your impressive OOC schedule

Yeah and then when those big games come, meaning bowls, who wins them? SEC.

Look at Ole Miss last season. They were a good, not great, team in the SEC and they absolutely destroyed Texas Tech, a team that was in the National Title hunt by playing in the defenseless Big 12.

Great, but for how much longer can that excuse be used? A win is a win. The SEC consistently has the best talent and constantly plays the best teams once their conference schedule starts.

EDIT: With that said, the BCS should vanish and be replaced with playoff games in the most neutral sites possible, but that makes to much sense so the NCAA won't let that happen.

Edited by Poohdini