BCS Rankings

Cobb

No it isn't. Every other highly ranked Big 10 team has failed to show that they deserve their ranking.

Every other highly ranked big 10 team? Where has Penn State shown they don't deserve their ranking? You are basing your whole argument off of Ohio State losing to USC which isn't fair to Iowa and Penn State.

LOL @ SEC man.

The SEC was the best 2 years ago I'll give them that completely.

Ole Miss isn't the same team last year because Jevan Snead has been absolutely terrible this season. There are only 2 good SEC teams this year in Bama and UF. LSU will fall off because they have no pulse on offense and same goes for USCe.

This year in all honesty, no conference deserves to be the best overall. There is a lot of parity this year which is good for the game. The Pac 10 has 2 very good teams in Oregon and USC, the ACC has 3 great teams with Miami, GT and VT and the Big 12 has Texas, Nebraska, Texas Tech and Okie St. There has been more parity this year than in a lot of the past years I remember watching. The Big 10 has Iowa but the jury is still out on that conference as a whole.

Point is, the excuse of the SEC conference schedule doesn't work anymore like it did a few years back when UF, LSU, Arkansas, UGA and South Carolina were all very good teams.

This year we may end up seeing Cincinnati or Iowa in the title game and when those teams get absolutely destroyed by UF or Bama the BCS will come under the most fire its ever come under. I have a feeling that's what needs to happen in order for the playoff system to be put in place.

Every other highly ranked big 10 team? Where has Penn State shown they don't deserve their ranking? You are basing your whole argument off of Ohio State losing to USC which isn't fair to Iowa and Penn State.

You mean Ohio St. losing to Purdue? Iowa beating no one and Penn St. losing to a then unranked Iowa team AT HOME iirc.

You mean Ohio St. losing to Purdue? Iowa beating no one and Penn St. losing to a then unranked Iowa team AT HOME iirc.

So your only argument against Penn State and Iowa is the only played eachother? Good argument your logic is flawless.

So your only argument against Penn State and Iowa is the only played eachother? Good argument your logic is flawless.

A team as good as your making Penn St. out to be shouldn't lose to an unranked team at home end of story. Like I said before, the jury is still out on Iowa and personally I don't think they're as good as their ranking indicates. I'll be surprised if there a one loss Big Ten team left at the end of the season. I think PSU, OSU* and Iowa each have at least one loss left on their schedule.

A team as good as your making Penn St. out to be shouldn't lose to an unranked team at home end of story. Like I said before, the jury is still out on Iowa and personally I don't think they're as good as their ranking indicates. I'll be surprised if there a one loss Big Ten team left at the end of the season. I think PSU, OSU* and Iowa each have at least one loss left on their schedule.

Iowa is now ranked 6th, it doesn't matter what you are ranked when you beat/lose to a team. Same way Miami's win over Florida State isn't that impressive anymore.

LOL @ SEC man.

The SEC was the best 2 years ago I'll give them that completely.

Ole Miss isn't the same team last year because Jevan Snead has been absolutely terrible this season. There are only 2 good SEC teams this year in Bama and UF. LSU will fall off because they have no pulse on offense and same goes for USCe.

This year in all honesty, no conference deserves to be the best overall. There is a lot of parity this year which is good for the game. The Pac 10 has 2 very good teams in Oregon and USC, the ACC has 3 great teams with Miami, GT and VT and the Big 12 has Texas, Nebraska, Texas Tech and Okie St. There has been more parity this year than in a lot of the past years I remember watching. The Big 10 has Iowa but the jury is still out on that conference as a whole.

Point is, the excuse of the SEC conference schedule doesn't work anymore like it did a few years back when UF, LSU, Arkansas, UGA and South Carolina were all very good teams.

This year we may end up seeing Cincinnati or Iowa in the title game and when those teams get absolutely destroyed by UF or Bama the BCS will come under the most fire its ever come under. I have a feeling that's what needs to happen in order for the playoff system to be put in place.

The SEC is the most balanced conference in the country. It has Mississippi State and Vandy, and Tennessee this year, but any team can give each other a run for there money any given night. Teams like Arkansas or Auburn can give a Florida or Bama a good fight, as we saw Arkansas do last week in a game they should of won against Florida at The Swamp. They may not be ranked right now, but in a few weeks they could, much like Ole Miss last season when they got off to a decent start and ended the year great.

And I expected Ole Miss to fraud us this year. They had some talent, but they were still way overrated, and whenever Houston Nutt has high expectations he always flushes them down the tiolet.

Edited by Poohdini

The SEC is the most balanced conference in the country. It has Mississippi State and Vandy, and Tennessee this year, but any team can give each other a run for there money any given night. Teams like Arkansas or Auburn can give a Florida or Bama a good fight, as we saw Arkansas do last week in a game they should of won against Florida at The Swamp. They may not be ranked right now, but in a few weeks they could, much like Ole Miss last season when they got off to a decent start and ended the year great.

And I expected Ole Miss to fraud us this year. They had some talent, but they were still way overrated, and whenever Houston Nutt has high expectations he always flushes them down the tiolet.

The 3 you mentioned above aren't good teams at all I agree. You also forgot to mention Kentucky as they aren't great either. However, Ole Miss isn't very good and neither is Auburn. Auburn beat absolutely nobody and the first week they get ranked they go out and fall flat on their face. Arkansas isn't great either. Their defense is absolutely terrible as it is the worst defense in the SEC statistically.

If anything, there is no balance in the SEC this year. Its all Bama and UF.

The 3 you mentioned above aren't good teams at all I agree. You also forgot to mention Kentucky as they aren't great either. However, Ole Miss isn't very good and neither is Auburn. Auburn beat absolutely nobody and the first week they get ranked they go out and fall flat on their face. Arkansas isn't great either. Their defense is absolutely terrible as it is the worst defense in the SEC statistically.

If anything, there is no balance in the SEC this year. Its all Bama and UF.

At least we agree on something.

Saying that crap teams in SEC give top teams run for money don't make it a good conference. Any team in the big east can give another a run for their money because its a mediocre conference. The SEC is good but come on they only have as many ranked teams because they have the media in their pocket. And its bull when an SEC team loses to a [expletive]y opponent because they are in the SEC they can make the BCS title game no matter what compared to teams in other ones they like get an automatic passage. I mean washington beat USC, does that mean the Pac 10 is great? That lagic is flawed at best sir.

Saying that crap teams in SEC give top teams run for money don't make it a good conference. Any team in the big east can give another a run for their money because its a mediocre conference. The SEC is good but come on they only have as many ranked teams because they have the media in their pocket. And its bull when an SEC team loses to a [expletive]y opponent because they are in the SEC they can make the BCS title game no matter what compared to teams in other ones they like get an automatic passage. I mean washington beat USC, does that mean the Pac 10 is great? That lagic is flawed at best sir.

Oh well the rankings don't really matter unless Texas loses, I'm sure we will have a clear cut #4 by then if that happens.

Texas has not impressed me at all and if USC runs the table I think they might be able to jump Texas down the road. A USC/Bama title game would be a hell of a matchup on the defensive side.

I would love to see the Canes get a shot at the Gators in a BCS Bowl.