Shogun was robbed tonight

• Owner

I'm sorry, but if anyone else watched the match between Shogun and Machida, and you think that Lyoto should've won...I gotta say you're wrong. That was terrible. I can honestly say that Rua won at least four of those rounds, and by the end of the fourth, Machida couldn't even take a step without limping.

Pretty bad judging, or White just wants a Machida/Silva matchup.

I think the terrible thing is how they gave Machida a unanimous decision? Really?

I didn't think Machida had as bad of a fight as people were making, it should've been a split decision, I get that. But in Machida's defense, Shogun wore down his body, but didn't have a lot of those great shots that stunned Machida to his face. I know that was Rua's game plan, but in a close match like this, 9/10 times it goes to the Champion.

I think the terrible thing is how they gave Machida a unanimous decision? Really?

I didn't think Machida had as bad of a fight as people were making, it should've been a split decision, I get that. But in Machida's defense, Shogun wore down his body, but didn't have a lot of those great shots that stunned Machida to his face. I know that was Rua's game plan, but in a close match like this, 9/10 times it goes to the Champion.

So? Anyways, its not like Machida landed anything of significance to Shogun's entire body, let alone his face. Machida landed a very good knee in the first couple of minutes and he landed a couple of solid punches, but other than that Shogun landed the more significant blows all night long.

As for the comment about it being a unanimous decision rather than a split decision, just because it was considered to be unanimous doesn't mean that it wasn't a close fight. There have been split decisions that weren't as close as unanimous decisions because one judge might have it 29-28 for one fighter but the others could have it as 30-27 for the other fighter (which is pretty ridiculous if you think about it, I have seen it happen though). Just because a decision is unanimous doesn't mean that it wasn't neceissarily as close as a split decision.

Machida won the 2nd round of the fight definitely (at least in my opinion) and you could argue that he won one more round, but there is no way that he won 3 rounds. Shogun was the aggressor for almost the entire fight, landed more shots in basically every single round and was simply the better fighter last night for the majority of the fight.

I definitely agree that Shogun was robbed last night and that performance that Shogun put on was the type of fighting that everybody expected from Shogun when he first came to the UFC. That kind of performance is why Shogun was widely considered the #1 LHW in the world and one of the best P4P fighters in the world a few years ago. It looks like Shogun is finally recovered from his two ACL surgeries and having a healthy Shogun makes the UFC's LHW division even more stacked.

Combine Shogun's resurgance with the additions of Tito Ortiz, Randy Couture and Antonio Rogerio Nogueria as well as Chuck Liddell getting back into training (who knows, maybe he can have a late career rebirth much like Randy has had?) and the fact that Rampage will be back eventually (at least I believe so) and you have one stacked division.

Back to the decision though, that is one of the worst decisions I have seen in the UFC. It isn't as bad as the legendary Bisping vs. Hammil decision back in England a couple years ago (that was an absolutely terrible decision) but it definitely was a robbery.

Speaking of poor decisions though, how the hell did they give Matt Bader a 30-27 decision? I agree that he won the fight but it was definitely a 29-28 decision as he did not win the 2nd round at all. Not sure if anybody watched the prelims or not though.

Cain Velasquez is legit though. I had my doubts about him after his lackluster performance against Cheick Kongo, but he put on an absolute wrestling clinic against Ben Rothwell (who is no joke) and completely dominated him from start to finish. The stoppage was a bad stoppage imo, but Velasquez was going to dominate Rothwell anyways so its not that bad. That was a very impressive performance from Cain though. I hope that they don't throw him to the wolves and match up with the winner of Lesnar/Carwin or somebody like Nogueria or Mir as he is still fairly green in some aspects of the sport and needs some more seasoning against second tier fighters but with the rate that he is improving he could become a very dangerous heavyweight contender.

Anthony Johnson was very impressive as well. The guy is just a huge WW. I think he might be too big though. He missed weight for the fight as he had to cut 50 [expletive]ing pounds (he came into his camp at 220 pounds). I just don't know if he will be able to continuously make the cut to 170. If he can he is going to be a dangerous fighter int hat division and he is the one guy that I could see giving GSP some troubles. A huge guy like him with a very good wrestling background and knockout power in both hands and both feet. He is still very young and only getting better too.

It was a solid card (still have to watch some fights as I missed a couple last night) but it will definitely be overshadowed by the controversial decision in the main event.