Do you think Roger Goodell is a good commissioner?

bigdog17k

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At all.

The rules that he's implemented are absurd. QB's and WR's are being protected way too much. Its almost illegal to hit a QB these days or a receiver coming down the middle.

His fines are ridiculous too. Chad Johnson being fined for wearing a black chin strap is to unbelievably stupid that it kinda made me angry.

Hes doing a pleasant job in my honest opinion. Some of the on field rules are stupid, ex no td celebrations, but he is trying his best to keep the nfl clean, unlike the nba. I do wish, however, the nfl would stop implementing these rules to protect the qb and offense. Let the Defense play real d, like they did in the past. The nfl is slowly becoming a pass happy high scoring league. I want players to tear each other up, show no mercy slugfest.

Hes doing a pleasant job in my honest opinion. Some of the on field rules are stupid, ex no td celebrations, but he is trying his best to keep the nfl clean, unlike the nba. I do wish, however, the nfl would stop implementing these rules to protect the qb and offense. Let the Defense play real d, like they did in the past. The nfl is slowly becoming a pass happy high scoring league. I want players to tear each other up, show no mercy slugfest.

he is trying to protect the players. of course it would be great to see a "no mercy slugfest", but if that was allowed then it would be a slugfest between all the backups because all the starters would already be hurt.

overall i like goodell. i disagree with a lot of his punishments and some of his rules, but he is doing what has to be done, and is running the NFL pretty well. if this whole uncapped season in a few years actually happens then i will absolutely hate him. it would ruin the NFL because you would have teams turning into the yankees

he is trying to protect the players.

But when does that go too far?

I agree on helmet to helmet but I think that hit on a defenseless receiver call is bull[expletive] and so is roughing the passer most of the times.

Hell, you can't even touch a qb on the helmet even with your hand.

But when does that go too far?

I agree on helmet to helmet but I think that hit on a defenseless receiver call is bull[expletive] and so is roughing the passer most of the times.

Hell, you can't even touch a qb on the helmet even with your hand.

it has gotten too far. and i agree with roughing the passer, but id rather have all these rules then none of them.

I like how bigdog tries to make a big deal about the whole Limbaugh issue when he doesn't even understand the issue at all.

Brah just stop trying. I like how everybody here generally agrees that Limbaugh being denied "part ownership" was pretty stupid. When almost anybody else with extreme political views most likely would have been granted it.

I don't see why you even care so much, I guess Limbaugh hurt you somehow. :lol:

Edited by bigdog17k

Brah just stop trying. I like how everybody here generally agrees that Limbaugh being denied "part ownership" was pretty stupid. When almost anybody else with extreme political views most likely would have been granted it.

I don't see why you even care so much, I guess Limbaugh hurt you somehow. :lol:

He wasn't denied because of his political views. And fwiw, if I was in charge of a private organization, I could turn you away because of your political views.

He wasn't denied because of his political views. And fwiw, if I was in charge of a private organization, I could turn you away because of your political views.

Yeah but you're really making it a huge deal. IMO, Goodell was wrong. Doesn't bode well for the league if you have to basically be quiet on ALL fronts just to own part of a franchise. -_-

Real American.

Goodell doesn't want bad publicity, which is all Limbaugh brings upon himself. He does it on purpose to bring negative attention. Goodell doesn't want negative attention brought to the NFL. Goodell doesn't need to worry about being a 'Real American' like Hulk Hogan, instead he's trying to make the NFL a global product for all to enjoy.