NBA Doesn't Want You To Read This

Guest N4S

I like how Sky only focuses on one possession that was blown in the one game and some bad calls on Shaq in the other game.

While Game 6 was full of tons of calls the ENTIRE game. Not just a one or two time occurence which is bound to happen with humans.

Stars in the NBA get special treatment, and the Lakers were handed a game in the series in 2002. Tim Donaghy has no reason to lie and I believe what he is saying.

• Owner

With what happened in the 2006 Finals with Wade and the Heat, that free throw discrepancy just leads me to believe that the Heat were given a ring...and that's wicked, because that means Shaq has two rings he earned. Ouch.

With what happened in the 2006 Finals with Wade and the Heat, that free throw discrepancy just leads me to believe that the Heat were given a ring...and that's wicked, because that means Shaq has two rings he earned. Ouch.

Don't take everything so personally. No need to hate on the Heat now.

• Owner

Don't take everything so personally. No need to hate on the Heat now.

LOL, how is that hating on the Heat? Wade had almost 100 free throws in a six-game series. It's been the topic of discussion for all Mavericks fans I've ever ran across.

If we're going to assume a team was handed a championship because of all the free throws given to them, why can't I assume the same?

You guys are as consistent as they come.

Diesel - One final bad call in 5 that decided the game. Bad calls on Shaq that decided the game. I agree the volume of game 6 bad calls was inexcusable and higher than the rest combined but like the others it decided one game. Horrendous reffing, 6 was clearly worst but what truly matters is refs deciding games and that scoreboard is LA 2 Sac 2.

LOL, how is that hating on the Heat? Wade had almost 100 free throws in a six-game series. It's been the topic of discussion for all Mavericks fans I've ever ran across.

If we're going to assume a team was handed a championship because of all the free throws given to them, why can't I assume the same?

You guys are as consistent as they come.

I never mentioned anything about the Lakers. Like I said, this is all in the past. The only thing that should matter now is this season. You can't go back in time and alter the outcome of any given series but you can control your destiny of the 09-10 season. Let's focus on that instead of the past.

• Owner

I never mentioned anything about the Lakers. Like I said, this is all in the past. The only thing that should matter now is this season. You can't go back in time and alter the outcome of any given series but you can control your destiny of the 09-10 season. Let's focus on that instead of the past.

Might as well never discuss the book then, because it's all in the past. No reason to publish it.

Wade attacked the basket harder than anyone has ever done. He earned his trips to the line. Notice no mention of the 2006 Heat-Mavs series in the article. Just because the Heat were the aggressors, and got Dallas in the penalty doesn't mean they were handed the series. Just because LA was given a Finals appearence in 2002 doesn't mean a team you despised such as the 2006 Heat were given a title too.

And Sky it's one possession no matter if it's at the end of the game or not. Wouldn't make a difference if they blew a call during the final play or a play during the middle of the 2nd quarter. Just like the Shaq fouls were one or two blown calls. (I'd like to see the fouls on Shaq actually too since I don't remember any that blatantly bad.)

• Owner

Wade attacked the basket harder than anyone has ever done. He earned his trips to the line. Notice no mention of the 2006 Heat-Mavs series in the article. Just because the Heat were the aggressors, and got Dallas in the penalty doesn't mean they were handed the series. Just because LA was given a Finals appearence in 2002 doesn't mean a team you despised such as the 2006 Heat were given a title too.

If referees were assisting in all of this, I'm sure there were plenty of games Tim doesn't know about...unless, of course, it was only the games he officiated...but then we have a problem.

And I mean, Shaq was such a dominant force down low, so many fouls with every touch. He earned all 17 free throw attempts in Game 6, since any other time, you claim he earns them because of his dominance.

Don't worry, I don't despise the Heat as much as you despise the 2009 NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers.

Love it.

It's very close minded to come out and directly say that all of this is NOT true.

These are the people that DON'T want to believe it.

These are the same people that thought WWE was not scripted at the age of 15.

Don't misunderstand me, I think it IS true. My position is that the league will manipulate ref assignments to nudge the outcome in the direction they seek, to extend a series for greater owner profit and higher ratings. The key distinction though, that's a double-edged sword that can benefit both teams in a series. As it did in the 2002 WCF. Bernie Fryer to ensure Sac won game 2 and LA didn't take the first two on the road to end the series. Blown call decides game 5, all of the game 6 travesty is a makeup under Knick Bavetta.

Laker haters like to think that all these machinations solely benefit LA, they don't. The intended beneficiaries are the owners and the networks. Which can and has included causing LA losses to extend a series (Fryer in 2), Chicago losses to extend a series (Hue Hollins as the designated bag man), etc.

Donaghy says as much, the league will look to extend a series via ref assignments. Game 2 series extension against LA. Game 6 series extension for LA. Cuts both ways.

When these other refs retire and realize they need some loot that will come out and either write a book or start to talk about Donaghy telling the truth.

Of course right now they deny it all because they are currently employed by the league.