Official Artest to Lakers? Thread

• Owner

LA got an upgrade with Artest, but again, he's not without his drawbacks. I said the same thing when Houston traded for him.

We said the same thing about Trevor Ariza and his inability to shoot a shot, also, until he teamed up with Bryant.

I'm not worried about it. Artest tops Ariza in most statistical categories except for field goal percentage, and that's understandable on a team where he doesn't have anyone creating for him.

LA got an upgrade with Artest, but again, he's not without his drawbacks. I said the same thing when Houston traded for him.

Houston doesn't have a player like Kobe that can keep Artest in check, Houston doesn't have a coach like Phil Jackson who kept Rodman in check, and Artest will keep himself in control because he know's he is on a championship contending team now.

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey hey

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood bye

ARIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZA

The official yet unofficial reason. Ron wanted to expand his rap career and get on the Lakers mixtape.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__27/ept_sports_nba_experts-481229980-1245950634.jpg?ymqaUeBDb3X3YKu6

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__27/ept_sports_nba_experts-85636576-1245950821.jpg?ymldUeBD.y70dYyQ

We said the same thing about Trevor Ariza and his inability to shoot a shot, also, until he teamed up with Bryant.

I'm not worried about it. Artest tops Ariza in most statistical categories except for field goal percentage, and that's understandable on a team where he doesn't have anyone creating for him.

Artest has been an offensive freelancer his entire career. We all thought he would subdue those tendencies and take a more reserved role when he was on the floor with McGrady and Yao, but that didn't happen. Maybe he'll behave under Phil and Kobe, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

His many vices include over-dribbling, taking ill-advised shots, trying to play playmaker when he isn't one, and in a nutshell, murdering offensive flow. That is the antithesis of the triangle.

Artest has been an offensive freelancer his entire career. We all thought he would subdue those tendencies and take a more reserved role when he was on the floor with McGrady and Yao, but that didn't happen. Maybe he'll behave under Phil and Kobe, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

His many vices include over-dribbling, taking ill-advised shots, trying to play playmaker when he isn't one, and in a nutshell, murdering offensive flow. That is the antithesis of the triangle.

Dont tell em mason, let them find out by themselves.

I found out the hard way, they will too.

This is gayness on every level, I thought Ron was one of those guys who are anti Lakers. He has contradicted himself thoroughly. Good job Ron :lol:

Good signing by Lakers... I think Phil can reign him in. My guess is he'd mess the triangle with all those "qualities" Mason described above and after 20-25 games, he'd start to accept his role.

Welcome to LA Tru-Warrior. LOL @ all the doubters. If the old OTR was still alive, I'd bump the Gasol trade thread so everyone can eat their words.

Trevor can thank his agent for bluffing. Mitch called out that fool. Im gonna miss him tho.

Edited by Be Like Mike

Welcome to LA Tru-Warrior. LOL @ all the doubters. If the old OTR was still alive, I'd bump the Gasol trade thread so everyone can eat their words.

Trevor can thank his agent for bluffing. Mitch called out that fool. Im gonna miss him tho.

You must live under a rock, when the Gasol trade happened everyone was mad that the Lakers ripped off the Grizzlies so bad.

This is different, Artest is a freelancer offensively, just wait.

Well....we all said Artest/Yao/Ron would win it all. Yes, they are good, but still they won't be winning 70 plus. Gotta factor in the season elements.

This was a good move. I hope it means Ariza will go. No way Ariza/Odom/Artest could rotate.

Guest Nissan

Artest and Kobe can fight while Ariza and LeBron win rings. This is a dream come true if we get him and LA gets Ron.

Ron is going to shut down LeBron every time we play you guys like he did last season.

Lebron vs. Artest: 48 pts (18-44 FG) 10 Turnovers

Have fun with the next Pippen. :lol:

Guest Nissan

Dno why Laker fans wouldn't rather have Ariza. He's more athletic and shoots the 3 just as well. He has so much poise and is extremely younger.

Artest is a better offensive player and better defensive player than Ariza or any other SF on the market right now. Artest is shut down man to man defender.

Ariza is an OVERATED weak side help defender and he only plays the passing lanes well. He's not a man to man shut down defender like Kobe or Artest. Ariza was abused and lit up by Hedo and Melo in the playoffs.

Artest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ariza.

Artest is a better offensive player and better defensive player than Ariza or any other SF on the market right now. Artest is shut down man to man defender.

Ariza is an OVERATED weak side help defender and he only plays the passing lanes well. He's not a man to man shut down defender like Kobe or Artest. Ariza was abused and lit up by Hedo and Melo in the playoffs.

Artest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ariza.

My biggest issue with Trevor is that he cannot create his own shot, and he can barely dribble. Not to mention doctors have warned about foot problems, which may lead to further health issues in the future. He is also only a role player, he's not gonna look as good without Kobe/Pau when he signs with Houston. Also, after watching Luke and Sasha, I'm extremely weary about these contract year players. I'm gonna miss him, honestly I've enjoyed everything he gave us, but with teams like the Cavs adding Shaq, Magic adding Vince, Boston getting back KG and probably adding Sheed, this was the right move to make.

Edited by phiLA

Dno why Laker fans wouldn't rather have Ariza. He's more athletic and shoots the 3 just as well. He has so much poise and is extremely younger.

STFU just Cavs lost out in the Ariza sweepstakes to the Rockets and Ron Artest just said I'm gonna win rings in LA so FU LeBron. Man this day is priceless and a great day for all Laker Fans.

The Lakers bombarded Artest with all manner of communication.

Bryant, who'd gotten into numerous trash-talking on-court spats with Artest over the last couple of seasons, sent Artest numerous texts since the start of the negotiating period Wednesday morning. Hall of Fame great Magic Johnson called Artest on Wednesday as well. And Artest had lunch this afternoon with Lakers majority owner Jerry Buss.

LINK

After Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest got into that "war of words" in March back in Houston, I asked Kobe what he really thought of Artest.

"We're friends," Kobe said, "I like him a lot--like his game--always have."

Then he told me a story that makes today's news--Artest is supposedly on his way to LA for three years, $18 million--very likely to happen.

Kobe said that after the Lakers lost game six of the '08 NBA Finals in Boston by 39 points, he was alone in the shower, just fuming. He heard somebody walk in and assumed it was one of his teammates, or maybe a staff member. Instead, he looked up, and it was Ron Artest (to this day, Kobe has no idea how Artest got into the locker room).

"I want to come help you," Artest said. "If I can, I'm going to find a way to come to LA and give you the help you need to win a title."

:lol:

Edited by Be Like Mike