Artest to Orlando or L.A.

A.K.

• Owner

Ariza was lit up by Melo and Turkoglu. I remember that all too well. His help defense is pretty good, but you stick him on a scorer, and they will most likely get the best of him.

Artest plays better defense, and he also has experience in the triangle offense when he played it in Chicago, post-Jordan. They ran it for a bit when they drafted Ron Artest, and he played the point-forward position.

I definitely want this to happen. Many thought Vujacic was going to be a decent player, so we offered him money and he sucked. Walton? Same thing.

I love what Ariza did for us, but a lot of those big steals/plays wouldn't have been needed if the man-to-man defense was cranked up a bit throughout the game. We get that with Ron.

Wait.....your seriously gonna put Lebron at PF? LOL.

If you watch the Cavs play do you ever see us when LeBron is the ball handler and we have West, Gibson, and Mo around him and Verajao also on the court? He is the power forward in that situation.

Who said anything about Ron going to the Magic? lol

It's between the Lakers and the Cavs. - Direct info from Ron Artest's brothers.

Ron Artest is in LA right now hanging out with Lamar Odom.

Where'd you hear that? I've been hearing so many rumors about Artest hanging out with L.A players (and only L.A players, no Orlando). That would pretty much conclude which team he ends up signing with. The team he is most comfortable with, which would be the Lakers.

Artest would be a solid addition to LA, assuming Phil is able to reign him in and keep him from going on his unbridled offensive freelancing routines in every game.

Houston should be making a bigger push at re-signing him. If Artest does go to one of these teams, their feature scorer (and playmaker) would be Aaron Brooks.

If Artest goes to LA/Orlando he's offically a [expletive]. He's worth way more than the MLE or whatever he'll be offered and he just decides to hop on the two teams that went to the Finals. What a dousche. I'm hoping for Ariza to go to the Cavs though.

I love how you completely ignored Houston. My prediction is that he's staying.

Edit: Just saw the news...missed a lot.

Edited by Dash

If Artest goes to LA/Orlando he's offically a [expletive]. He's worth way more than the MLE or whatever he'll be offered and he just decides to hop on the two teams that went to the Finals. What a dousche. I'm hoping for Ariza to go to the Cavs though.

Yes he is worth more than the MLE, and yes Kobe and Artest look good on paper. Again you gotta think about the Chemistry..

Looks like he's coming to L.A., which would be HUGE for us. Talk about a defensive upgrade. Not just at the position, but as a mentality for our team. You got Kobe working hard on D, you got Artest working hard on D, you have no more excuses when you aren't.

If this happens, I am sad to see Ariza go. He was more than pivotal for us, and I called it all last postseason and offseason. Losing Bynum wasn't the big issue for us last year. It was Trevor.

But one thing that you have to look at is stats. Besides FG% (which was a pretty big gap), Artest best Ariza in almost every category, even three point shooting. Artest was 40% :D from downtown last year. Most of that was off the dribble or off step backs, whereas Trevor's was on spot up, but I think Ron can make the shift.

Let's make this happen!