JaMarcus Russell pleased with 109 yard passing game

Warren2ThaG

http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NFL/4154.jpg

------------

JaMarcus Russell said after Sunday's loss to San Diego that he was pleased with his 109-yard passing effort. "I did a pretty good job," he said. Russell took five sacks, fumbled, threw an interception, averaged under five yards per pass attempt, and completed two passes for 16 yards to his wide receivers. He is 33rd in QB rating, tied for fifth in interceptions, and is completing 48.4% of his throws.

---

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2009/11/01/postgame-wrap-10/

I feel bad for this guy. He coaching sucks and he has absolutely nothing around him. With even halfway decent coaching I think Russell could be a stud.

He would be much better if he had more than half a second to pass because of that piss poor offensive line and actually had NFL wide receivers. He gets a lot of heat, and rightfully so, but there is absolutely nothing going right for the Raiders' offense.

Edited by Poohdini

• Owner

The only thing that bothers me about people blaming our line and our receivers is that Russell throws passes 10 yards away from everyone half the time, something not even Flash Gordon could catch up to, and that's including plays out of the shotgun, even when our line is holding well.

I know we don't have the best receivers, I know we don't have good receivers...and I know our line sucks quite a bit...but Russell's best passes are completed because of the receiver having to catch up to the ball, or change his route a bit for one of Russell's long "air it out" bombs.