Mayo, Rudy Gay Have To Be Separated

MainEv3nt

Memphis teammates O.J. Mayo and Rudy Gay got into a shouting match near the end of the team's loss to Denver on Sunday night.

Mayo scored a career-high 40 points, but the Grizzlies lost 133-123.

The incident took place during a timeout late in the fourth quarter. Gay took exception when Mayo made a strong comment about his teammates not getting back on defense, according to the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins and a number of players stepped in to separate the two players.

"I told them to shut up so we can get on with the rest of the game," Hollins said. "It's not about you. It's about us trying to win a game. We can't stand here with you guys going back and forth. It was a heat-of-the-moment incident. They get along. They're just competitors. They both want to succeed."

After the game both Mayo and Gay said that the incident was "nothing."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62519/20091102/mayo_rudy_gay_have_to_be_separated/

i knew it would happen eventually.

Watch out..

Lakers will send a package of Morrison and Sasha for one of them anytime now.

Great one, dude!!! Every time something happens with the Grizzlies, someone has to bring up the Gasol trade where the Grizzlies got a good deal. Original man, I bet that post took a lot of thought.

• 1 month later...