YOU GUYS AREN'T GOING TO BELIEVE THIS

A.K.

I just talked to Artest's agent and threw this together. HOLY [expletive]!

According to Ron Artest's agent David Bauman, a Twitter account posing as his client has been posting "false information" and misleading the media.

"There is an imposter posting information that is not accurate. Nothing has been finalized and someone has been posting false reports on Twitter," Bauman said early Thursday morning in an exclusive interview with Alex Kennedy.

The account "96TruwarierQB", which Twitter has marked as "verified" as Artest, has posted several updates in the last twenty-four hours including several that mention the forward leaving the Rockets and possibly joining the Lakers.

"THANKS A LOT HOUSTON. I HAD A LOT OF FUN," said one posting Wednesday night. "I'm signing my new deal as I'm Twittin'" and "we are playing pool at lamar odums barn in hollywood."

The posts led to speculation by fans and media alike as the tweets began appearing in articles on the Houston Chronicle's website and on message boards across the web.

Prior to the posts, Bauman had made it clear that Artest's number one option was to stay in Houson and they would begin negotiations after talks with center Marcin Gortat calmed down. This made the posts seem rather strange but with sports news breaking on Twitter more and more these days, nothing seemed out of the ordinary especially coming from a so called "verified" account.

Twitter defines verified accounts as those that have been confirmed as "real and authentic" according to their site. "We're working to establish authenticity with people who deal with impersonation or identity confusion on a regular basis. That means we've been in contact with the person or entity the account is representing and verified that it is approved," their site adds.

"I have no idea about the account. There have been many fake profiles on Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace for not just Ron but other celebrities and NBA players and this is one of them," said Bauman.

The account has over 6,500 followers and has been in existence for over a month posing as the Rockets' star.

How was the user able to get the account verified? This isn't yet known and representatives from Twitter have not yet been reached.

As more unfolds regarding the account and Artest's actual future, we'll keep you up to date.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/210474-artests-agent-imposter-on-twitter-giving-false-information

Edited by Swish

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

That's crazy. idk if that twitter account is his or not, I was listening to a live interview that Ron was giving a couple hours ago and the interviewer brought up the twittering, and Ron didn't deny that it was his account. So maybe he's just drunk and his agent is trying to cover up for him.

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Matt, who was this intended too? Wrong thread?

--

Pretty sick you got the opportunity to talk to him Alex..nice.

I guess I missed this post the first time around...... wtf??? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...