Yi Out for Several Weeks

Teletopez

You know the NBA season is starting to careen out of control when a team wonders how it can get by without Yi Jianlian.

But the winless Nets were hit by yet another thunderbolt Tuesday when an MRI revealed a grade 1 sprain in the right knee of their starting power forward, which significantly shortens an already weak power rotation.

The team is not discussing any timetable for the third-year player, but a typical recovery period for such an injury is two to four weeks, and it has been known to last as long as six.

Full Article

We have 3 of our 5 starters out with Harris, Hayes, and Yi all injured. Add Battie, Dooling, and Hassell to that list from our bench. We're really short-handed.

Najera gets a lot more minutes now. CDR and Lopez are pretty much powering the team now, and hopefully Alston can step it up again.

I don't understand how we get injured when we never had a postseason. Just really annoys me that Yi is the moron that had to play for China. I don't even want him on the team if he can't commit to being healthy for us. Harris is another thing, he will be back and produce but this season Yi really needed to show us what he can do but he isn't doing anything so far again.

Sigh.

#1 pick in 2010 draft + 2010 FA.

I'll check back here next year.