Sasha Vujacic dating Maria Sharapova?

Dash

There probably aren't a lot of ways to spin the news of Sasha Vujacic and Maria Sharapova's burgeoning relationship: It's one athlete finding kinship with another, and it's not like this is unprecedented in human history. But Vujacic is not about to confirm anything, via the OC Register.

As he was walking to the locker-room exit, Sasha Vujacic was told that Maria Sharapova was very nice.

“I know,” Vujacic said.

And very smart.

“I know,” Vujacic said.

Vujacic, 25, danced around the topic of his dating tennis star Maria Sharapova, 22, for several minutes without any suggestion of a denial on his part. Vujacic did not explicitly confirm, but he was grinning revealingly through most of my conversation with him — and other sources verified the relationship is legit. Vujacic said he wasn’t sure he could answer a “highly personal question” from me, but later did say with a smile: “I like tennis. It’s a good sport.”

Yeah, Sasha, everyone does.

So, yes, that's probably wink-wink-nod-nod confirmation that Sharapova and "The Machine" are now an item, and one that enjoys U2 together, which proves once again that being tall, remotely attractive, athletic and wealthy is one heck of a combination for wooing women who are similarly situated. (Except, of course, for Dirk Nowitzki.)

The question, though, remains: What will we call the couple? I vote for the mellifluous "Sasharia." The not-so-pretty surname mash-up "Sharapovujacic" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Link

Edited by Dash

Nothing against you Dash, and this is directed as more of a general question but why do people care so much about athletes and celebrities personal lives? I mean honestly, who cares if Sasha is dating Sharapova or not. I mean, sure...Cool, thats great, whatever. But it's not really relevant (sp?) nor is it something we need to know. Just my thoughts on the whole issue and what not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...