Nellie Wants Randolph To Be Center

Legacy

The Golden State Warriors could foresee Anthony Randolph becoming a center.

"He's probably taller than anybody I've got on the team right now, and he's still growing, they tell me," Don Nelson said. "Maybe, eventually, center will be his position. I don't know."

Randolph is listed at 6-foot-11 but says he's closer to 7- foot.

"He's not necessarily a good-shooting '4,' but he could be a good-shooting '5' because 5's don't shoot the ball very well from the outside normally," Nelson said. "... This gives him a chance to be part of what we're doing and fit in.

"We'll take a look at it, but nothing is etched is stone when you're not a dominant team. If it doesn't work, we'll try something else."

Source

When reporters asked Randolph about this he rolled his eyes and seemed pissed that Nellie wants him to be a center.

Don Nelson is a good coach (wish the nets had him, then at least we would be scoring the ball). Watch this team possibly next season or 2 seasons from now. They are only developing like the Nets are (sorry for using the nets a lot but both teams are similar in circumstances) so its understandable that they haven't got final positions locked down.

I think Randolph will be destroyed at center though.