Iverson claims he didn't know the Grizzlies were rebuilding

MainEv3nt

• Owner

You'll find out he didn't quit on the team. It was a mutual agreement to send him off. Memphis told him he'd get a lot of playing time, yet he averaged 22 minutes per in the three games he played already.

If the Grizzlies weren't so adamant about lying to him just so he'd be there to sell tickets, they would've realized he played his best game when he put in his most minutes, but I don't expect them to care.

You'll find out he didn't quit on the team. It was a mutual agreement to send him off. Memphis told him he'd get a lot of playing time, yet he averaged 22 minutes per in the three games he played already.

If the Grizzlies weren't so adamant about lying to him just so he'd be there to sell tickets, they would've realized he played his best game when he put in his most minutes, but I don't expect them to care.

Mutual agreement initiated by... ? AI.

He complained after only the first game on a new team, which training camp and pre-season he missed. This led to ongoing complaining and the Grizzlies have had enough, basically, they say, "Do you want to take day off? We can't deal with distractions."

Maybe Memphis is trying to warm him into rotations and gradually giving him more playing time? Hollins already said that actually. But after only first game, he complained.

He also said he never spoke with Hollins. Let's see, he didn't really speak with Michael Curry, he didn't really see eye-to-eye with George Karl, hell Jonny Davis, Jim O'Brien, list of 76ers coaches who he either never spoke with or saw eye-to-eye. After a while, you think, is it really the coaches or him?

On the Pistons was this drama, on the Grizz same freakin situation, is it the teams or is it him?

He should just retire. League is better without him. A sure-fire Hall of Famer, now I don't think his chances are as good.

• Owner

LMAO, the only two teams Iverson has had problems with are the two teams benching him. He has gotten along with great coaches...meaning, really, the only one he has had in his career in Larry Brown.

He's not a HOF'er anymore? Hahaha...okay.

How many HOF deserving players who haven't got to HOF because of issues/ dramas?

I never said he's not a HOF, I'm saying he's only making being elected to HOF difficult with ongoing soap operas.

Had he never been a HOF talent, Sixers and Brown wouldn't have put up with his dramas... practices, partying, way too selfish. But difference is back in 2001, he overdribbled, he dominated the ball, he played his way, but he still delivered and produced big points back then. Now? He can't duplicate the same thing anymore, because pretty much he's about 60-65% the player he was back in 2001. Back then, 30 ppg with a threat to go 50 pts on any given night, that was enough to outweigh the cons. But now 20 ppg is not enough... If he had never been good, he'd have been bounced and traded around by teams like a sad sack bag he is, essentially that's what he has been since he left Denver, bounced to Pistons, unwanted, bounced to Grizzlies, not even wanted there.

Heck just prior to his 2000-01 MVP campaign season, he was nearly traded to... Pistons but Matt Geiger refused to be included in the deal and deal was off. As good as he was back then, Sixers still contemplated trading their only franchise player, that says a lot.

You said Grizzlies signed him just to sell tickets. If this was the case, why wouldn't they play him? If the main purpose was to sell tickets, they wouldn't have been concerned about developing Conley, about ball movement, they would have put him on the lineup along with Mayo, and done whatever it takes to keep him happy. Why ruin such a great ticket-selling investment after only 3 games together? That didn't make sense, I think by parting ways, it becomes clear Grizzlies didn't sign him to make money off him, although it is one of the reasons, but it's clear it's not their priority. It's one thing I applaud the Grizzlies organization. They really care about the team growth, as opposed to selling tickets like many people thought. If they really wanted to sell tickets only, AI would have played 40 minutes in that Kings game... whatever it took to make the goose (that produces golden eggs) happy.

Edited by Snake

WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT ALLEN IVERSON. UNLESS HE MURDERED SOMEONE IN YOUR FAMILY, GET OFF HIS BACK.

If this is all you're ever going to post about, you might as well leave. I'm tired of telling you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_REkgXByDyuU/SVkpo5Z24wI/AAAAAAAACD4/_AHcj8jnLB8/s400/caps-lock-no-tnecessary-all-the-time.jpg