Orlando Magic have no shut down perimeter defender.

Revis Island

Last season it was Courtney Lee and Rafer Alston, probably one of the best defensive backcourts in the NBA last season especially in the playoffs. Lee was a good defender, he actually had great stretches defending LeBron last season in the regular season. Alston is still one of the best defensive PGs in the NBA, Don't really need to get into much of an argument here, not many people have torched him.

Magic don't have that anymore, I mean their best perimeter defender right now is like J.J Redick, Carter hasn't ever given a rats [expletive] about defense and still doesn't seem to care. Barnes is a low IQd goon, Pietrus didn't do anything defensively, I don't know why anybody even think he's good defensively other than the fact that he's French.

Which is why in a 7 game series against the Celtics, they'd get destroyed because of Ray and Pierce, because not only can you not defend one of them, but now you can't defend EITHER of them.

Oh so you're RedZiggyZag or whatever you like to call yourself. Have they figured you out on Insidehoops yet?

Pietrus and Barnes are both better than you give them credit for, but then again, saying that they're good defenders would really go against your agenda on criticizing the Magic for not having good perimeter defenders wouldn't it? I can't actually think you're being serious with the Alston comments either. Everybody knows that at best, he'll play average defense and get beaten by stronger point guard. You don't have to get torched to be excellent and 'one of the best'. Alston continually got out-done when he was the starting point guard, even if it was by a small margin. Any point guard who rolled into Orlando was never forcefully stopped by Alston. If that constitutes good point guard defense, then all of our guard defense the last few seasons have been excellent, dating back to when Tracy McGrady played point forward for us, lol.

Which is why in a 7 game series against the Celtics, they'd get destroyed because of Ray and Pierce, because not only can you not defend one of them, but now you can't defend EITHER of them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't JJ Reddick contain Ray Allen in the playoffs? lol. I also seem to remember Paul Pierce only having one good shooting game. I don't remember who exactly was on him (Turk/Pietrus combination most likely) but they did a good job. And now what? Because they're one year older and presumably one step slower (see I can make opinions too and you can't say anything to me about it), they're going to beat essentially the same team, but the one difference being we now have another influential player on the team, on offense, at least. How did your ridiculous thinking come up with this one?

Weak, seriously. Five games into the season and you have our season figured out. What's even funnier is that you pick on areas where you can't prove one way or the other, therefore, nobody can call you out on being wrong, of which you are about 99% of the time anyway. I think you pick at these areas because you're scared that you will indeed look like the idiot you are if you try to make a bold statement about something concrete.

• Like 2

• Owner

Can't complain about the personal attacks you get if you're going to throw them as well, bro.

And as far as the topic goes...when did Rafer Alston become a decent (let alone the best) defensive point guard? Really? I remember when Deron Williams gave him 32/11 when Alston was on the Rockets. Chris Paul handed him a 37/11 game back in March of 2008, slid in a 21/4/10/4 game their next meeting, then a 26/4/10/2 game to end 2008.

Steve Nash is averaging 19/9 on 54% shooting against Alston for his career.

Tony Parker is averaging 15 points per on 49% shooting against Rafer.

What elite point guard has Rafer shut down?

And when did Pietrus and Barnes become poor defenders? Barnes may not be the one you want defending the likes of Bryant and James, and Pietrus did struggle against both of them as well...but who doesn't? Both players are still good perimeter defenders.

Can't complain about the personal attacks you get if you're going to throw them as well, bro.

And as far as the topic goes...when did Rafer Alston become a decent (let alone the best) defensive point guard? Really? I remember when Deron Williams gave him 32/11 when Alston was on the Rockets. Chris Paul handed him a 37/11 game back in March of 2008, slid in a 21/4/10/4 game their next meeting, then a 26/4/10/2 game to end 2008.

And when did Pietrus and Barnes become poor defenders? Barnes may not be the one you want defending the likes of Bryant and James, and Pietrus did struggle against both of them as well...but who doesn't? Both players are still good perimeter defenders.

You shouldnt debate any claims made by PFG, its a waste of time.

Tell me somebody who has stopped either Paul or Deron. Nobody can stop them, except for Dahanty Jones on Chris Paul. Nash was a 2x MVP, of course he will post his numbers. Rafer does not shut down elite PGs but All-star and above average ones. Mo Williams for example.

It's funny because you mention how Pietrus and Barnes struggles against those guys in your next example. Pietrus has never been a good defender, Barnes is a low-iqd retard.

Oh so you're RedZiggyZag or whatever you like to call yourself. Have they figured you out on Insidehoops yet?

Pietrus and Barnes are both better than you give them credit for, but then again, saying that they're good defenders would really go against your agenda on criticizing the Magic for not having good perimeter defenders wouldn't it? I can't actually think you're being serious with the Alston comments either. Everybody knows that at best, he'll play average defense and get beaten by stronger point guard. You don't have to get torched to be excellent and 'one of the best'. Alston continually got out-done when he was the starting point guard, even if it was by a small margin. Any point guard who rolled into Orlando was never forcefully stopped by Alston. If that constitutes good point guard defense, then all of our guard defense the last few seasons have been excellent, dating back to when Tracy McGrady played point forward for us, lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't JJ Reddick contain Ray Allen in the playoffs? lol. I also seem to remember Paul Pierce only having one good shooting game. I don't remember who exactly was on him (Turk/Pietrus combination most likely) but they did a good job. And now what? Because they're one year older and presumably one step slower (see I can make opinions too and you can't say anything to me about it), they're going to beat essentially the same team, but the one difference being we now have another influential player on the team, on offense, at least. How did your ridiculous thinking come up with this one?

Weak, seriously. Five games into the season and you have our season figured out. What's even funnier is that you pick on areas where you can't prove one way or the other, therefore, nobody can call you out on being wrong, of which you are about 99% of the time anyway. I think you pick at these areas because you're scared that you will indeed look like the idiot you are if you try to make a bold statement about something concrete.

Yawn, I would say the same thing If I were a Magic fan, only difference is I wouldn't put up the team with you.

hey, remember when Dwight Howard pulled a Nick Anderson last year?

Edited by ClutchCityOwns

Yawn, I would say the same thing If I were a Magic fan, only difference is I wouldn't put up the team with you.

Huh? So you admit to being bias, then?

hey, remember when Dwight Howard pulled a Nick Anderson last year?

I remember when Dwight always pulled a Nick Anderson. It's not surprising to me seeing Dwight Howard miss free throws, nor should it be to you. But for some reason it is. Why is that? Agenda-driven, I assume?

Odd in a way that when the Magic start winning games, in comes someone who claims to have watched them pre-1995 who has something bad to say about them. Where were you when we were an average team? You had nothing to say about our weaknesses and I've known you (how embarrassing) since then, but all of a sudden, now our weaknesses according to you make us look like a lottery team even though we are an elite team. Stick to your Rockets discussion, at least with that, you're more convincing. You didn't answer a single question anyone has posed to you here. The only thing you've said it, 'lets face it, you guys are going no where' even though the record shows us at 5-1 and then pulled Dwight Howard's free throw record into the discussion even though this has absolutely zero to actually do with Howard. I am glad in a way, though that you're such a blatant hater. You know your team has made it big time when you have a critic who has nothing good to say.

Edited by AtTheDriveIn

• Owner

Rafer does not shut down elite PGs but All-star and above average ones. Mo Williams for example.

Mo shoots a career field goal of 45% against Alston in the regular season, only 1.6 turnovers a game. If you're talking about the playoffs (which I'm sure you are), he had a streak of bad games that started against the Hawks. Unfortunately for your argument, he finished the ORL/CLE series with two very good games where he scored 24 and 17 points against Rafer, two total turnovers, 50% shooting both games, while it was Rafer Alston who shot 1/10 and 5/16 in those last two games, crushed by Mo Williams.

I can give you more point guards that Rafer has played poorly against, offensively AND defensively. Non-superstar point guards, if you wish. I'd rather not have to list all of their numbers, but I've already ran across two more just searching casually.

Mo shoots a career field goal of 45% against Alston in the regular season, only 1.6 turnovers a game. If you're talking about the playoffs (which I'm sure you are), he had a streak of bad games that started against the Hawks. Unfortunately for your argument, he finished the ORL/CLE series with two very good games where he scored 24 and 17 points against Rafer, two total turnovers, 50% shooting both games, while it was Rafer Alston who shot 1/10 and 5/16 in those last two games, crushed by Mo Williams.

I can give you more point guards that Rafer has played poorly against, offensively AND defensively. Non-superstar point guards, if you wish. I'd rather not have to list all of their numbers, but I've already ran across two more just searching casually.

Meh....Celtics are the team to beat in the East, was the main point I was trying to get across. Magic can't stop Pierce and Allen at the same time, unless they give Redick more minutes than the unmotivated GOAT Vince Carter.