Melo or Wade

ChosenOne

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So far this season I would give it to Melo, he has been playing top quality basketball ever since the season started. I think he might even get a chance to be this seasons' MVP. I didn't expect him to be playing this good but I guess someone had to step up.

Wade hasn't been bad at all either but I think Melo has been playing better basketball than Wade so far this season.

Why no poll?

Give me Carmelo Anthony, probably the 2nd most talented player in the league behind Kobe. Melo is great at everything mid-range, 3's, post game, ability to slash. Not saying Wade doesn't have these just not as good as Melo in those, besides slashing. Melo is more talented than LeBron as well, LeBron just gets by because of his incredible speed and ability to rise up.

Come on. It's been six games, and Wade's universally accepted position in the top three is already being challenged? Carmelo's assembling quite the season, but let's see him maintain this pace for 76 more games and not unravel in the postseason for a change.

/no homer

agreed, theres a lot of basektball left to be played. lets not crown melo after 6 games.

Edited by MiamiSolja7

This early year so far it's 'Melo, no question. He and Kobe are playing the best ball these first two weeks. All around game to go along with good efficiency, and their teams are winning these early games.

Wade. Hes a better playmaker and creates for his teammates. Melo is mainly a scorer, but also a good defensive player as of late. Wade can lead a team though, Melo has Billups to do that for him, plus better teammates. Wade can lead a team to the playoffs pretty much by himself, even though it is the east I dont think Carmelo could do it. Lets not forget Wade did average 30, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals last year as well. Not to mention hes won a finals mvp, while Melo has never made it to the finals.

Wade. Hes a better playmaker and creates for his teammates. Melo is mainly a scorer, but also a good defensive player as of late. Wade can lead a team though, Melo has Billups to do that for him, plus better teammates. Wade can lead a team to the playoffs pretty much by himself, even though it is the east I dont think Carmelo could do it. Lets not forget Wade did average 30, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals last year as well. Not to mention hes won a finals mvp, while Melo has never made it to the finals.

By just being a scorer he does create for his teammates in a sense. Of course Wade is going to average more assists and be a playmaker he's a PG, Melo is SF who doesn't try to dominate the ball he let's Billups control. Wade cannot lead a team to the finals himself, the team he had a couple of years ago was very talented, he did deserve finals MVP but still if Wades Heat from 06 played Kobe's Lakers, the Lakers would win in 6 or less no doubt. Carmelo has a more rounded game and in a half court offense he is more valuable than a Wade.

By just being a scorer he does create for his teammates in a sense. Of course Wade is going to average more assists and be a playmaker he's a PG, Melo is SF who doesn't try to dominate the ball he let's Billups control. Wade cannot lead a team to the finals himself, the team he had a couple of years ago was very talented, he did deserve finals MVP but still if Wades Heat from 06 played Kobe's Lakers, the Lakers would win in 6 or less no doubt. Carmelo has a more rounded game and in a half court offense he is more valuable than a Wade.

I am not disputing your points about Melo but what does the Lakers team now have anything to do with this discussion? The Nuggets now would not beat the Heat then if you want to compare teams like that. Lakers would probably beat both teams in a series so that point is pretty irrelevant to me.

Please tell me how Melo's game is more rounded, and how Melo is more valuable? All Melo has on Wade is scoring capabilities, but Wade is a top 5 scorer himself, so what Melo can do great so can Wade... Wade is an all defensive player while Melo's defense is still suspect, Wade can run the offense while Melo can't (yes I am aware they are different positions but if we are talking overall value and not a comparison then this is relevant). Heat and Nuggets are both 5-1 and no one is daring to say the Heat support is near the Nuggets.

I find it completely absurd after 6 games everyone is jocking Melo when for the past 4 years everyone has considered him to be in the same class as Bosh, now they have him on Wade's level after 6 games? Completely absurd....

Edited by travesy3

I am not disputing your points about Melo but what does the Lakers team now have anything to do with this discussion? The Nuggets now would not beat the Heat then if you want to compare teams like that. Lakers would probably beat both teams in a series so that point is pretty irrelevant to me.

Please tell me how Melo's game is more rounded, and how Melo is more valuable? All Melo has on Wade is scoring capabilities, but Wade is a top 5 scorer himself, so what Melo can do great so can Wade... Wade is an all defensive player while Melo's defense is still suspect, Wade can run the offense while Melo can't (yes I am aware they are different positions but if we are talking overall value and not a comparison then this is relevant). Heat and Nuggets are both 5-1 and no one is daring to say the Heat support is near the Nuggets.

I find it completely absurd after 6 games everyone is jocking Melo when for the past 4 years everyone has considered him to be in the same class as Bosh, now they have him on Wade's level after 6 games? Completely absurd....

For the Lakers thing I merely mentioned that because that is what kept the Nuggets from going to the finals last year.

This is not a judgement of 6 games, but over 6 years. In fact I don't even know how Wade or Melo are doing this year I've seen both play once and thats it and both were amazing. Melo is more rounded because he can score from 3 from mid range from the post and can drive and score. Wade can do these but not as consistantly as Melo. The only thing Wade has on Melo is his slashing ability. Melo is closest thing to Kobe as there is in this league. Would you say Kobe cant run an offense because he doesn't get assists? Melo's defense isn't great but I wouldn't count it as a knock. To me this is another Kobe vs LeBron arguement. Kobe being Melo, LeBron being Wade. Would you rather the guy that can drive and dish and has streaky shooting, or would you rather the more talented scorer who may tend to hog the ball when he gets it.

Great a Laker fan will turn this into a Kobe debate somehow now :rolleyes:

show me the kobe debate?

i posted that simply becuase if not for the lakers then the nuggets would've won the west and possibly the finals this year (wouldve gone to game 7 definately)

not taking anything away from heat's title :)

I agree he is more rounded offensively but all you are telling me is just that, Wade is the better all around player especially defensively.

EDIT- To the above, I just find it funny how often Laker fans bring Kobe or the Lakers into a discussion that isn't even about them.

Edited by travesy3

I'd take Wade because of his all around game.

Melo is clearly the best scorer in the game right now without question IMO. However, Wade is a much better defender, scores almost as much as Melo and is a much better playmaker on both sides of the ball.

Also, Wade has to contend with these guys...

http://www.tvworthwatching.com/blog/nba%20lebron%20james%20dunk.jpg

http://melancholiac.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/big3.jpg

oops..almost forgot these 2

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9vS6tdIJtnM/SkPa-XOzBkI/AAAAAAAAADU/qw4oQZUw4aE/s320/Vince+Carter+Dwight+Howard.jpg

Edited by Flash

EDIT- To the above, I just find it funny how often Laker fans bring Kobe or the Lakers into a discussion that isn't even about them.

not just cuz their the lakers, just becuase of the 2 straight playoff exits to them ;)

I'd take Wade because of his all around game.

Melo is clearly the best scorer in the game right now without question IMO. However, Wade is a much better defender, scores almost as much as Melo and is a much better playmaker on both sides of the ball.

Also, Wade has to contend with these guys...

http://www.tvworthwatching.com/blog/nba%20lebron%20james%20dunk.jpg

http://melancholiac.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/big3.jpg

oops..almost forgot these 2

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9vS6tdIJtnM/SkPa-XOzBkI/AAAAAAAAADU/qw4oQZUw4aE/s320/Vince+Carter+Dwight+Howard.jpg

but as soon as the celtics and magic became relevant, maimi were in the lottery. cleveland also got better as miami got worse. the nuggets and the lakers were both contending this year ;)

not just cuz their the lakers, just becuase of the 2 straight playoff exits to them ;)

but as soon as the celtics and magic became relevant, maimi were in the lottery. cleveland also got better as miami got worse. the nuggets and the lakers were both contending this year ;)

You have to take the injuries into account though plus Shaq's constant [expletive]ing. Wade hurt his shoulder and his knee which was the primary reason we ended up in the lottery. Cleveland was always good even when we won our title and I posted those teams as people we have to compete with this year just like Melo has to go through Kobe.