Westbrook Maturing

Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook isn't forcing anything on offense.

Westbrook scored a season-high 33 points on Friday night, while adding seven assists and five rebounds in a loss to the Rockets.

"I just try to take what teams give me," Westbrook told the Oklahoman. "If it's my shot it's my shot. If someone else is open it's their shot. I'm feeling more comfortable. But it's going to take some time."

He is averaging 18.4 points, 7.8 assists and 5.4 rebounds on 50.0% shooting this season.

brook has matured so much from last season its really unbelievable. he still has turnovers but its just really little mistakes that can easily be fixed with experience. might be a little biased but is it really that much of a stretch to say the brook is possibly better than rose or equal?

(this season)

Brook 18ppg 5rpg 8spg 50% shooting

Rose 12ppg 3rpg 6apg 42% shooting

Westbrook definitely looks great out there. I try to catch Thunder games when theyre on League Pass (I'm a big Durant fan), and the team has a ton of talent.

As far as the Derrick Rose comparison, its not really fair to compare their numbers so far this year. So early into the season, especially. Rose has gotten off to an INCREDIBLY slow start (I know, I have him on my fantasy team), while Westbrook has made a step forward in his game it seems. Not saying Rose is better, or vice versa, but statistically its a little unfair to compare the two right now.

Hopefully Westbrook keeps doing what hes doing, takes care of the ball a bit more, and helps the Thunder make a push for the 8th seed.

This was an INCREDIBLE pick. I remember how stupid I thought this pick was, and I definitely have gotten to eat my words, even last year he had a really solid rookie year, I wanted them to take Gordon I thought Gordon would be a stud and I still do. I never thought this kid would be a good PG, he is still a turnover whore but he has been really solid for this team at PG. So far he is definitely a top player from what I think was a stacked class, really good pick by the Thunder, I love what they are doing out there building a team the right way, through the draft.

Westbrook has definitely been on a roll lately, I didn't think Westbrook would be anything special when he entered the league but I'm slowly changing my mind, I think he could be a really good point guard maybe even an all-star someday.