Iverson to Cavaliers?

Guest N4S

I don't believe for a second we've seen the last of Allen Iverson. He needs a team where his ability to create his own shot will help a superstar, where he can also work the end of the game as a closer, a team where his reckless abandon and pedal-to-the-metal aggression in smaller doses will be an asset, not a liability. I'm talking about the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Washington Post

link

• Owner

Nah, Iverson wouldn't come off the bench. If he plays in Cleveland, he starts at the two, and they've been needing a two-guard for a while now.

Not sure how he's going to fit in with Shaq, though, because now you'd have two slashers in Iverson and LeBron, moving Shaq out of the paint on every play.

I guess you'd have to play AI and Bron on opposing sides of the floor, and that makes Mo Williams an all-shooting point.

Why they need a shooting guard? Their plus/minus with West has been bonkers the past two years. West is a really good two-way player. What is Iverson going to do besides hog the ball, fail to play defense, and bring up his reputation as an all-star player the minute anyone criticizes him. Iverson makes teams worse. He has his entire career except for one season in which his teammates inexplicably murdered themselves for him. He doesn't belong on Cleveland.

If you haven't figured out by now, he won't go for limited minutes. First in Detroit then in Memphis, I highly doubt Cavs management is this stupid.

Well it was their idea to bring in Shaq, so I definitely think they are "stupid" enough to bring in Iverson. :)

• Owner

Why they need a shooting guard? Their plus/minus with West has been bonkers the past two years. West is a really good two-way player. What is Iverson going to do besides hog the ball, fail to play defense, and bring up his reputation as an all-star player the minute anyone criticizes him. Iverson makes teams worse. He has his entire career except for one season in which his teammates inexplicably murdered themselves for him. He doesn't belong on Cleveland.

Iverson spent his entire career in Philly, with no help. He made them much better than they would've been without him.

And it was Melo who choked in the playoffs, not Iverson. In fact, Iverson did well against the Lakers, while Melo played inconsistent on the offensive end, and let Luke Walton average 16/5/5 against him.

I wouldn't say Iverson killed the Pistons, either, seeing the record they had when they actually started him with the right players (Stuckey, Amir, Sheed and Prince).

And as far as Memphis goes...well, they suck anyways. They are a terrible team. Iverson has put up two very solid games for them off the bench, one very good game, and yet they still go with Conley, who has been struggling finding his shot and having problems keeping the ball in his hands.

Give Iverson a load of defensive-minded players, he gets to the Finals. Give him Melo, and he wins 50 games and has to play the eventual West champs in the first round. Give him a dysfunctional team with no coaching whatsoever? Well, then it's time to point fingers at Iverson, I guess.

Mo is a known choker under pressure so he and AI can split minutes at the point.

What is with this known choker talk?

Does one playoff series justify a player's rep? Mo played fine in the first two series, and has little playoff experience early in his career.

After last nights game, I've changed my mind. Don't mess with the team.. There gonna be fine. A lot of changes were made, the chemistry isn't completely there just yet and the whole Delonte situation is probably a bit distracting. I wouldn't take any chances unless they wanna make a move on Jackson.. That wouldn't be a bad idea. I would be fine with an upgrade at SG, just not Iverson.

I don't care where he goes as long as it's out of the Grizzlies. If the Grizzlies continue to suck? Cool, we're used to that. Gets us one step closer to John Wall. I just want all the young players to play as many minutes possible. Conley is in his third season already, if he doesn't put himself out as one of the better point guards available, trade him. Rudy Gay is on contract year, we need to see him as much as possible. It's obvious the Grizzlies aren't very good with or without Iverson. Why keep him if you're going to continue to loose games and slow down the young players development.