Ricky says he'll stay overeas for two years

Link

According to a report from El Periodico, Ricky Rubio has decided not to come over to the United States to play for the Minnesota Timberwolves and will remain with DKV Joventut for the next two seasons.

In my opinion, Kahn knew this was coming thats why he also chose Flynn to try to save his asssss

(@ss) why is that word censored lmao.

Edited by NeTs15VC

Unbelievable, this kid makes a big deal saying he wants to come to the U.S to play basketball, but doesnt like the team he got drafted to, so stays at home. What a waste of a pick, I feel bad for the Wolves.

I hope Flynn ends up being better than him. If you aren't sure then don't come until you are.

I can't wait hear Brandon Jennings' comments on this. Should be a fun read.

Link

In my opinion, Kahn knew this was coming thats why he also chose Flynn to try to save his asssss

(@ss) why is that word censored lmao.

im with ya. i think he took a chance on rubio and knew he could possibly leave so he backed himself up with flynn i think it was a smart move.

So then imagine what he would've done the Rubio.

Um, Rubio played against Paul in the Olympics and held his own, actually. I know it's one game, but it's one more game than Jennings has to show for. Just ask Kobe and CP3 if they feel Rubio is legit. I think they know what they are talking about. You can't name one person that has said the same for Jennings with matching accolades.

Unbelievable, this kid makes a big deal saying he wants to come to the U.S to play basketball, but doesnt like the team he got drafted to, so stays at home. What a waste of a pick, I feel bad for the Wolves.

It's more like the difference between being picked third and being picked fifth averages out to roughly a few million dollars extra, which could have been used for his buyout. I don't think he ever had a problem where he was going to be playing. I think his problem was that he really doesn't want to be playing basically for free for the next three seasons because his NBA earnings go towards his contract buyout with DKV Juventud. Smart financial move. His contract must expire in two seasons with DKV Juventud.

It's more like the difference between being picked third and being picked fifth averages out to roughly a few million dollars extra, which could have been used for his buyout. I don't think he ever had a problem where he was going to be playing. I think his problem was that he really doesn't want to be playing basically for free for the next three seasons because his NBA earnings go towards his contract buyout with DKV Juventud. Smart financial move. His contract must expire in two seasons with DKV Juventud.

Exactly, if he came to the NBA right now, he woulda made 97,000 his 1st season and 135,000 his 2nd season. This way he makes 5-6 million each season for the next 2 seasons in europe.

lol @ everyone saying, omgz what a dick when 99% of people woulda done the same, this is millions we are talking about, at 18 years old, that money looks lovely to us.

Exactly, if he came to the NBA right now, he woulda made 97,000 his 1st season and 135,000 his 2nd season. This way he makes 5-6 million each season for the next 2 seasons in europe.

lol @ everyone saying, omgz what a dick when 99% of people woulda done the same, this is millions we are talking about, at 18 years old, that money looks lovely to us.

+1 on both Yugo and ATD.

Few seem to realize both Rubio and Minnesota's actual position.