Jennings Scores 55 in Win Over Warriors

Sun Tzu

Wait you were bashing this kid before he started and i told you you knew nothing. I was right?

Knew it.

I bashed him based off of his attitude. I didn't like the fact that he was talking smack before he proved anything at the NBA level and I still stand by that. I'll admit to severely underestimating his capabilities, yes, but I'm still not high on his preseason attitude.

I knew this guy was going to be a star in the league personally when I watched him in high school and especially during the McDonalds game, he was so crafty with the ball it was insane. Also, whats so remarkable during his 55 point game is that he had 0 points in the 1st quarter.

Well lets say we havent seen rubio yet.

Agreed.

Rubio does more than just score. He actually plays defense and has far superior court vision compared Jennings. Rubio's statistics in Europe are much better than the ones Jennings had.

I bashed him based off of his attitude. I didn't like the fact that he was talking smack before he proved anything at the NBA level and I still stand by that. I'll admit to severely underestimating his capabilities, yes, but I'm still not high on his preseason attitude.

Well i guess if he never possessed that 'cocky' attitude then he wouldn't have dropped 55 and the Bucks wouldn't be at 5-3 right now. If he believed he was just a rookie that wasn't going to be 'that' big like most of ya'll expected then he wouldn't be doing the things hes doing.

He knows his abilities and this kid has got major talent.

Well i guess if he never possessed that 'cocky' attitude then he wouldn't have dropped 55 and the Bucks wouldn't be at 5-3 right now. If he believed he was just a rookie that wasn't going to be 'that' big like most of ya'll expected then he wouldn't be doing the things hes doing.

He knows his abilities and this kid has got major talent.

Umm...what?

Plenty of players know their abilities and thinking you're the best is part of pushing you to become a better player. It doesn't mean they should go out there and say it and degrade others in the process. They usually keep it to themselves. Tim Duncan never says anything about the rings he has, the MVPs he's won, or the statistics he's been putting up since he was a rookie, yet I bet in his mind he knows his abilities.

Who did he degrade?

I never read one thing of him degrading anyone. He might have said he is better then Ricky Rubio which in fact at this minute he is. Am i right or am i right about that?

You can't deny that Rubio made a HUGE business mistake by going back to Spain and screwed his team over, he could have stayed with the Wolves and payed off his contract, he had a option in the situation but chose not to take it.

I will like to see Rubio drop 55 though in his rookie season where not only he will have more experience and be older then Jennings is when he dropped this 55 point game.

Who did he degrade?

I never read one thing of him degrading anyone. He might have said he is better then Ricky Rubio which in fact at this minute he is. Am i right or am i right about that?

You can't deny that Rubio made a HUGE business mistake by going back to Spain and screwed his team over, he could have stayed with the Wolves and payed off his contract, he had a option in the situation but chose not to take it.

I will like to see Rubio drop 55 though in his rookie season where not only he will have more experience and be older then Jennings is when he dropped this 55 point game.

That isn't my point. My point is that what Jennings said is unclassy whether you think it's true or not. I bring up Duncan again. He's the best power forward of all time. How many times has he reminded people of that?

And scoring points aren't everything, especially basing your argument that Jennings is better than Jennings off one game. Charlie Villanueva had a 48 point game his rookie season and he's nothing more than a solid starter with a bunch of noticeable flaws. Rubio does so much more than just score points. Rubio is yet to play a game in the NBA, so how you automatically assume that Jennings is the better player? Because he's having a good rookie season and Rubio's in Europe? Who knows what Rubio would average if he were playing in the league right now. It's not fair to assume it.

Since you're such a fan of stats, Rubio's statistics in Europe are far superior to the ones Jennings had in Europe, to the point where it isn't even close. Rubio is also among the best perimeter defenders in Europe, and that's not me saying that, it's PROFESSIONAL scouts.

I was looking through basketball-reference and I couldn't find a younger player since 1986 who scored more points than Jennings. Jennings was 20 years, 52 days old during this game; the next closest was LeBron at 20 years, 80 days and then it jumps to Iverson being the next player at 21 years, 309 days old. Good effort, I always hate when Bucks games come on Australian TV because it's always about Andrew Bogut and his 'superstar status' down here, but this is a Bucks game I wish was televised down here.

• Owner

Yeah, he was probably the youngest to do it (despite the stat limit hitting 1986). But I do know that Kareem had 51 points as a rookie for the Bucks, and I believe Wilt had 58 when he was a rook, Earl Monroe with 56 as a rookie (which makes Jennings third on the all-time list for rookie scoring, individual games).

Just for kicks...he's only the third player in Bucks history to have a 50-point game, and he recorded the 13th 50-point game in Bucks history.