Stephen Jackson traded to Charlotte

• Owner
Disgruntled Golden State Warriors forward Stephen Jackson is about to make a fresh start with a new team.

The Warriors completed a deal Monday that sends Jackson and guard Acie Law to the Bobcats in exchange for veteran swingmen Raja Bell and Vladimir Radmanovic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4659552

Hmm. Well, that just means I have to change the banner.

Both teams get what they want, MJ continues to take on more salary for this Bobcats team every deal he makes.

But Warriors get 5 million in expiring, potentially 12 if Vlad opts out which is doubtful, and the Bobcats get a guy who can affect the game positively in a bunch of ways if he plays the way he is capable of. Warriors get a salary dump, and while Bobcats take on more salary they should contend for their first ever playoff spot.

Great trade for Charlotte, this gives them the leadership they need, the Bobcats have always struggled with having 1 leader, a guy who is the glue of this team, Jackson will do this, he is a decent perimeter defender, tough guy, good shooter, this guy fits the Bobcats like a glove. The Bobcats have also never had a guy with a good and consistent perimeter game an gives them veteran experience.

Jackson should be pissed. He want to go to a championship team. :lol:

Love this trade though, we get a team player in Bell and we lose Jackson and his attitude, jacking up shots, ballhogging, not running back on defense, etc.

Next up: Maggette!

Edited by Legacy

Beautiful deal for the Warriors. Could they have gotten more talent in return? Yes. BUT, just look at Stephen Jackson's contract, and then look at Raja Bell's + Rad Vlad's.

Great job by the Warriors for losing a cancer AND a terrible, terrible contract.

Surprised the mindless puppet, Larry Riley, could get something logical done.

I'm a little worried how Brown and Jackson will get along. His play may have been due to his resentment with the Warriors but Larry Brown is going to pick him apart. Then again Charlotte has little to turn to offensively.

20.7 points per game / 5.1 rebounds per game / 6.5 assists per game / 1.5 steals

-Statistics from last season.

His stats are a little inflated because of the offense the Warriors played in, but if he can produce similar numbers this season then Charlotte just took a step forward into possibly the playoffs.

Monta Ellis after the trade:

Monta: "I'm not going to put no more on my back. Somebody else gone have to step up and take on the role that Jack had and be that player."

Bell brings us a great perimeter player (both on the defensive side, as well as the offensive side). The thing with Nellie is, you never know what he is going to do with the lineup. It's all about matchups for him. No one ever knows who he is going to start.

MY wish however, is this:

• Center: Andris Biedrins | Ronny Turiaf | Mikki Moore
  • Power Forward: Anthony Randolph | Vladimir Radmanovic | Corey Maggette
  • Small Forward: Raja Bell | Corey Maggette
  • Shooting Guard: Monta Ellis | Anthony Morrow
  • Point Guard: Stephen Curry | CJ Watson | Monta Ellis

Again, I bet Nellie shuffles things up and start Monta at PG and Maggette at PF. It's simply unpredictable. I am pretty sure Raja Bell WILL start though.