Warriors actively trying to trade Ellis

Dash

Multiple NBA sources have confirmed that Monta Ellis’ status with the Warriors could be determined Thursday, when his agent is scheduled to meet with team management in Oakland.

Several sources indicate that Ellis’ agent, Jeff Fried, already has discussed the possibility of the Warrriors giving Fried and Ellis permission to talk to other teams to quicken the pace of trade talks.

The Thursday meeting could formalize those general discussions. One source said that Fried tacitly has been given the go-ahead to try to come up with a trade, but that team president Robert Rowell may not yet have officially signed off on it.

(Al Harrington was given similar permission last year. It’s believed Stephen Jackson received tacit approval earlier this year.)

Rowell and GM Larry Riley apparently will represent Warriors management in this meeting.

Link

Trade him for expirings and some picks.

• Owner

What's wrong with Ellis? He's still very young and very talented. Wouldn't he be a good player to build around for the Warrior's future? I don't see the point of trading him for expirings and picks when he's still young.

Could be just a distraction, wanting out and everything. Might as well trade him while he's still valuable...although I can't see the Warriors having much success with just Curry, Randolph and Biedrins.

What's wrong with Ellis? He's still very young and very talented. Wouldn't he be a good player to build around for the Warrior's future? I don't see the point of trading him for expirings and picks when he's still young.

He's a part of the long list of players that don't get along with Don Nelson. I also don't think Ellis is trying to be a leader of a team, more of a second option rather than leader.

If we do trade Monta, we better get a good player in return, not some bull[expletive] expiring contracts, unless we could get James or Wade. Who I am kidding though. :lol:

Trade him for expirings and some picks.

Hell no. Jackson was a problem for a while now, but Ellis just has a problem with the coach, among most of the team. If anything, it's the coach that needs to go, but if they absolutely have to trade Ellis, they need something valuable in return. Either a good combo forward with versatility or a big 2 guard.

It’s going to be tough for the Warriors to get the same value back for Monta only because he basically made it clear to the public that he wants out and right there that diminished his value and teams are going to low blow this team knowing that they have to move Monta.

I agree, which is why it might be best to wait till the offseason to trade him. That way the Warriors have some leverage and maybe get some more value in return.