Roy Halladay Not Interested in Resigning With Blue Jays

Built Ford Tough

NEW YORK -- Roy Halladay is reportedly not interested in re-signing with the Toronto Blue Jays once his current contract expires at the end of next season.

The New York Post reported Saturday that Blue Jays president and CEO Paul Beeston doesn't believe Halladay will return to Toronto, saying the ace right-hander wants to win now.

"We would like to sign him, he is an original Blue Jay and we have never had a pitcher as good as him," Beeston told The Post. "But he is not inclined to sign with us."

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=299259

The Blue Jays better trade him before the start of next season if this is the case. They can't afford to hold onto Halladay and just let him walk at the end of the season for nothing. I also believe that if they were to trade him before the season then they will be able to get more for him than if they were to trade him at the deadline.

It will suck to see Halladay leave Toronto as a Blue Jays fan, but they need to deal him and get some prospects in return for him. Losing him for nothing will be even suckier (grammar FTW! lol).

The Blue Jays better trade him before the start of next season if this is the case. They can't afford to hold onto Halladay and just let him walk at the end of the season for nothing. I also believe that if they were to trade him before the season then they will be able to get more for him than if they were to trade him at the deadline.

It will suck to see Halladay leave Toronto as a Blue Jays fan, but they need to deal him and get some prospects in return for him. Losing him for nothing will be even suckier (grammar FTW! lol).

I hope the new GM is smart and trades him this offseason for some talent, Halladay was going to leave eventually.

The new Toronto GM says he will look at trading within the division, which can be better for Toronto. The Yankees and Red Sox may compete with bids and Toronto may get a lot of pieces in the end.

The Yankees need to be careful with what they offer. I've read a lot about Phil Hughes, Jesus Montero, and Austin Jackson getting involved in talks. There's a lot to consider. Would you rather get Halladay and have a very good chance at a few more rings in five or six years when he's with the club or would you have guys like Hughes, Montero, and Jackson, who have 15+ years to play in their career?

The Yankees need to be careful with what they offer. I've read a lot about Phil Hughes, Jesus Montero, and Austin Jackson getting involved in talks. There's a lot to consider. Would you rather get Halladay and have a very good chance at a few more rings in five or six years when he's with the club or would you have guys like Hughes, Montero, and Jackson, who have 15+ years to play in their career?

but prospects dont always work out. there is a chance that none of them will do well in the MLB, while you know you are getting a star with halladay

but prospects dont always work out. there is a chance that none of them will do well in the MLB, while you know you are getting a star with halladay

We have Hughes, Montero, and Jackson. Hughes has already been amazing for us. Even if Montero or Jackson struggle, our organization has found ways to solve problems with our young guys in the past.

I guess you can go either way, it's a tough decision to make.

We have Hughes, Montero, and Jackson. Hughes has already been amazing for us. Even if Montero or Jackson struggle, our organization has found ways to solve problems with our young guys in the past.

I guess you can go either way, it's a tough decision to make.

To solve problems with young guys = give hundred million dollar contracts to older guys for the Yankees.

To solve problems with young guys = give hundred million dollar contracts to older guys for the Yankees.

What? There's no correlation between those two things. When I say solve problems with young guys, I mean sending Cano's hitting uphill, getting Melky to work harder to earn the CF job, and allowing Phil Hughes to prove his worth when we move him to the 'pen.

I love how the Yankee haters criticize Yankee fans for how annoying they are whenever you try to argue with them, but you guys aren't much better. This has NOTHING to do with our payroll, and yet you have to bring it up.

What? There's no correlation between those two things. When I say solve problems with young guys, I mean sending Cano's hitting uphill, getting Melky to work harder to earn the CF job, and allowing Phil Hughes to prove his worth when we move him to the 'pen.

I love how the Yankee haters criticize Yankee fans for how annoying they are whenever you try to argue with them, but you guys aren't much better. This has NOTHING to do with our payroll, and yet you have to bring it up.

That was my opinion on how the Yankees solve young players' problems. And, for the most part, it's a fact.

That was my opinion on how the Yankees solve young players' problems. And, for the most part, it's a fact.

We don't solve young players' problems by signing big-time FA's. They're two different things. Phil Hughes, Robby Cano, Melky Cabrera, Brett Gardner, Phil Coke, Alfredo Aceves, and Francisco Cervelli have nothing to do with Tex, CC, Burnett, and A-Rod.

We don't solve young players' problems by signing big-time FA's. They're two different things. Phil Hughes, Robby Cano, Melky Cabrera, Brett Gardner, Phil Coke, Alfredo Aceves, and Francisco Cervelli have nothing to do with Tex, CC, Burnett, and A-Rod.

well there was clearly a problem with starting pitching, first, and third base. and instead of having a young guy from the minors come out and play they signed a big time free agent. same thing with damon and a bunch of other guys that they yankees bought

well there was clearly a problem with starting pitching, first, and third base. and instead of having a young guy from the minors come out and play they signed a big time free agent. same thing with damon and a bunch of other guys that they yankees bought

I'm talking about solving the problems of our young players, not filling slots on our team. And we don't buy players. A team's money means nothing if the team itself isn't appealing.

I'm talking about solving the problems of our young players, not filling slots on our team.

If a Yankees' prospect isn't named Montero, Chamberlain, Hughes, or Coke, the Yankees will go out and sign someone for $100 million. Instead of trying to replace Bernie Williams, or Jason Giambi, or whoever with a prospect from Scranton, the Yankees went out and bought Tex, Damon, etc. You can't argue that.

And we don't buy players.

Um what? Really how did Teixeira, CC, etc get to New York? Were they playing for free this year, or am I ill-informed?

A team's money means nothing if the team itself isn't appealing.

So are you saying you wouldn't sign with a Nigerian-based water polo team, if offered $13413413434 billion dollars?

If a Yankees' prospect isn't named Montero, Chamberlain, Hughes, or Coke, the Yankees will go out and sign someone for $100 million. Instead of trying to replace Bernie Williams, or Jason Giambi, or whoever with a prospect from Scranton, the Yankees went out and bought Tex, Damon, etc. You can't argue that.

You keep missing what I'm saying. I was talking about solving problems in our prospects, NOT filling slots. I'm not talking about signing players, I am talking about trying to get our young guys to contribute.

Um what? Really how did Teixeira, CC, etc get to New York? Were they playing for free this year, or am I ill-informed?

The last two sentences of my last post were combined. I'm saying that you don't buy players. It's a mutual agreement. If we bought players, CC would have been a Yankee a week before we ended up signing him.

So are you saying you wouldn't sign with a Nigerian-based water polo team, if offered $13413413434 billion dollars?

Let me elaborate since you insist on bringing up unrealistic if's. I would rather sign a $1M deal with the Yankees than a $2M deal with the Astros.