Hate Crime Bill

I know that Barack Obama signed it at the end of October, but what do you guys think of it?

Basically, if a black person beats a white person or gay person, it's a "normal" crime, but if a white person beats a black person or gay person, they now get additional "hate crime" charges against them.

Damn, you've got to love the liberals. :lol: .

It's really funny considering that Senator Byrd was a KKK leader, is is the longest serving Senator. :lol:

LOL because blacks aren't racist at all right? It's a shame that people who aren't black have to be "politically correct" nowadays as opposed to blacks in the mainstream media who are racist all the time and get away with it.

Just the way things work with the liberals I guess.

The only problem I have with is this scenario.

Lets say two white couple were walking down an alleyway, and got jumped by some "thugs", and prosecute them.

Two gay couples were walking down an alleyway, and jot jumped by some "thugs", they get to prosecute them to a greater extent.

How is that fair?

• Owner

Lets say two white couple were walking down an alleyway, and got jumped by some "thugs", and prosecute them.

Two gay couples were walking down an alleyway, and jot jumped by some "thugs", they get to prosecute them to a greater extent.

How is that fair?

When did thugs become all black?

thug: a brutal ruffian or assassin

Should probably do some research on the word, also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuggee

When did thugs become all black?

Should probably do some research on the word, also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuggee

I don't know, when did thugs become all black? :wacko:

And wiki says thug-A thug in Modern English means a violent and/or anti-social person, including:

Thug, a person, often a criminal, who treats others violently and roughly, especially for hire. Often a member of a gang, as an enforcer in organized crime

What I was simply stating in my post was basically, a wild man who attacks a straight couple would get a lesser prosecution from the law than if he attacked a gay couple. Why should the sexual orientation matter? Its the same attack. Same charges should be made.

• Like 1

How is that fair?

lol who cares though, right? If they're thugs attacking innocent people, then they're pieces of [expletive].

So, you're trying to tell me that it does not say that if a white person attacks a black person, hate crime charges can't be filed, and if a black person attacks a white person, hate crime charges can't be filed?

It's not even a question, it's a fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard_Act

http://www.matthewshepard.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Erase_Hate_Crimes_Legislation

Take a look at those links, and try not to read selectively. Show me anything on either of those pages where any race is singled out and denied the same rights.