Arenas Acuses Teamates of Having Hidden Agendas

fish7718

Gilbert Arenas accused his teammates of having "hidden agendas" after Saturday's loss, which dropped the Wizards to 3-9.

Arenas mentioned that eight of his teammates will be free agents this summer. "I converted my game to try to get people involved, but at the end of the day, to be honest, this is the same team since three years ago," he said. "Do I have to go in attack mode like I was two years ago to get us over this hump? I hope not...I think the only person who actually had to sacrifice is me. Everybody else can just play their game." It remains to be seen whether this diatribe awakens the Wizards or makes things even worse.

[LINK]

Will the real Arenas please step up?

BTW I guess converting his game means taking 1 less shot per game. He is averaging 19 shots per game (2 above his career average).

Edited by Fish7718

Yes because you shooting .390 taking the bulk of the shots when you are supposed to run the offense is always the recipe for success. Arenas is an idiot, if I met him I would break his fingers so he can still dribble but can't shoot anymore.

Arenas will never be on a good team because he isn't a PG, the Wizards need a guy who will actually run the offense. I think it is hilarious how Arenas thinks he has sacrificed anything, unless he means he is sacfracing PPG which is his own fault. He is taking 1 less shot per game then his last full season. Either he is delusional or just talking out his [expletive] because he is mad after a loss.

Trade this buffoon.

EDIT- Pretty pathetic that his 6.3 APG thus far ties his career best for a full season.

Edited by travesy3

I was pretty disappointed when hearing those comments by him... He was playing great in the first few games but now he is back to chucking up difficult shots claiming he has to. No one player can get a team over the "hump" so he shouldn't be placing the blame on everyone else. He has been playing pretty inefficiently lately so he is definitely one to blame as well.

I can't believe I finally fell into the trap, believing that Arenas had what it takes to be a top six point in the NBA. I'll never do that again.

He has the talent to do so, he just isn't a PG at heart. I'm disappointed in the Wizards as a whole, it's so hard watching this team at times. We definitely need to make some moves to get some defenders in the rotation. Arenas isn't someone we will trade, nor do I want to see him leave, but someone has to go.

I'm not even sure if he'd even be a good two-guard for you guys. That would give him the green light to chuck 5-6 more shots per game.

He's better as a 2 guard because he's better playing off the ball. But that leaves Mike Miller out of the starting line up, which puts us in a bad position. Really, the only thing we can hope for is getting Gil to pass more, the chances of him going on the trade block is next to nothing, so don't bet your money on it.

lol so he is formally admitting he will never play the same and is below his teammates in terms of performance consistency?

i never believed his fronting anyway. i knew damn well he wouldn't come back like he use to be if 2-3 years of his career were wasted on rehab.

bye wizards in 2010. new pistons :lol:

I was pretty disappointed when hearing those comments by him... He was playing great in the first few games but now he is back to chucking up difficult shots claiming he has to. No one player can get a team over the "hump" so he shouldn't be placing the blame on everyone else. He has been playing pretty inefficiently lately so he is definitely one to blame as well.

Definitely agree with this. Couldn't of been said any better.

lol so he is formally admitting he will never play the same and is below his teammates in terms of performance consistency?

i never believed his fronting anyway. i knew damn well he wouldn't come back like he use to be if 2-3 years of his career were wasted on rehab.

bye wizards in 2010. new pistons :lol:

You talk trash about the Wizards as if you watch us on a consistent basis. Gil has been playing like his old self, you're just too narrow minded to admit it.