Vince Carter: "One Day, Everbody Will Understand"

"I can't get caught up in that," Carter said. "Everybody is entitled to their opinion. It's unfortunate and there's a misconception in what really happened. I let the chips fall where they may."

"One day, everybody will understand," he said, unwilling to elaborate.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-orlando-magic-1122-20091121,0,2512032.story

I actually really want to hear Carter's side of the story. I think that it would be very interesting to hear Carter's side of the story and see how it compares to how most Raptor fans say it.

I've never really got caught up in the whole hating Carter fad. If Carter wasn't playing on the Magic, who are my least favourite team along with the Celtics and Knicks, I would be cheering for him to win a Championship this season because it would be great to see him win a Championship in my opinion. If he wanted to come back to Toronto after his contract is up with the Magic, much like Ben Wallace did this year with the Pistons, I would be all for it and would be estatic to have him back in Toronto, even if he is a shell of his former self.

Yeah, I was pissed off about the way that he left, especially that final quarter of a season when he played like complete [expletive] which resulted in the Raptors getting absolutely raped in the trade, but I definitely have never held a grudge against the man like a lot of Raptor fans seem to do. Maybe it is because I am from Western Canada instead of actually in the GTA and it changes my opinion on the matter or something, I'm not really sure.

One day though I definitely hope that we get to hear Carter's side of the story. I would definitely pay to read about this in a book or something. I think that it would be very interesting.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

Why not just come out and say it? He's had years to do it. Instead, he's waiting for most of Toronto to hate him? I'm not sure if that's worth waiting for if he intends on writing a book.

I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but good reasons aren't always the best reasons. The franchise may be innocent throughout all of this, or Vince could be hiding something that has to do with his contract, or even possibly with the referee situation or...maybe David Stern?

Either way...yeah, it'll be interesting.

Why not just come out and say it? He's had years to do it. Instead, he's waiting for most of Toronto to hate him? I'm not sure if that's worth waiting for if he intends on writing a book.

I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but good reasons aren't always the best reasons. The franchise may be innocent throughout all of this, or Vince could be hiding something that has to do with his contract, or even possibly with the referee situation or...maybe David Stern?

Either way...yeah, it'll be interesting.

I'm pretty sure him waiting or whatever he is doing is not changing anybody from Toronto's opinion of him. If anything, as time goes on, people from Toronto might eventually begin to forget it (doubtful considering how passionate Toronto sports fans are lol).

I'm sure that even if Carter had a great reason for what he did and his explaination was absolutely infallible, Toronto fans would still give him hell every time he comes back to the ACC.

I could be wrong though as I am sure somebody that actually lives in the Toronto area would be able to contribute better than I would on this particular subject.

I think all Raptors fans want to hear from VC is a heart felt apology. Not him looking for forgiveness but apologize for quitting on the team and leaving us in a hole the way he did.

Depending how you see it management screwed VC almost as much as he did us. I wasn't following the Raptors big at the time, but that is when I started to get heavily into basketball and I remember all his requests being ignored and not even considered such as the hiring of Babcock. I don't get why Babcock was hired and I guess VC didn't either.

There is no excuse for him quitting on the team the way he did, but there is a chance that something lead to him behaving that way. Maybe management telling him they won't trade him? Maybe telling him they signed him to a contract and he is playing it out?

I think him telling his side of the story is something best saved for the time his career is over.

It really is a damn shame the Raptors best player ever went out this way, I wish we could celebrate Vince Carter but unfortunately this situation may never allow that. Vince will have played more years away from TO than in TO, but he will always be remembered as a Raptor. He deserves an awesome send off but probably won't get it until he mends his ties with not only the Raptors organization but also it's fans.

Edited by travesy3