Team MVP's

Celtics3420

Post who you think the MVP is for each team.

I'll post MY LIST LATER :P

Be sure to explain why you think they are that team's MVP.

[b]Boston Celtics:
Miami Heat: 
New Jersey Nets: 
New York Knicks: 
Orlando Magic: 
Philadelphia 76ers:
Washington Wizards:
Atlanta Hawks:
Charlotte Bobcats:
Chicago Bulls: 
Cleveland Cavaliers: 
Detroit Pistons: 
Indiana Pacers:
Milwaukee Bucks: 
Charlotte Hornets: 
Toronto Raptors:
Dallas Mavericks: 
Denver Nuggets: 
Houston Rockets: 
Minnesota Timberwolves: 
San Antonio Spurs: 
Utah Jazz:
Memphis Grizzlies: 
Golden State Warriors:
Los Angeles Clippers
Los Angeles Lakers: 
Phoenix Suns: 
Portland Trailblazers:
Sacramento Kings: 
Oklahoma City Thunder: [/b]

Edited by Celtics3420

Boston Celtics: Kevin Garnett

Miami Heat: Dwyane Wade

New Jersey Nets: Devin Harris

New York Knicks: David Lee

Orlando Magic: Dwight Howard

Philadelphia 76ers: Andre Iguodala

Washington Wizards: Caron Butler

Atlanta Hawks: Joe Johnson

Charlotte Bobcats: Stephen Jackson

Chicago Bulls: Derrick Rose

Cleveland Cavaliers: LeBron James

Detroit Pistons: Richard Hamilton

Indiana Pacers: Danny Granger

Milwaukee Bucks: Brandon Jennings

New Orleans Hornets: Chris Paul

Toronto Raptors: Chris Bosh

Dallas Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzki

Denver Nuggets: Carmelo Anthony

Houston Rockets: Trevor Ariza

Minnesota Timberwolves: Al Jefferson

San Antonio Spurs: Tim Duncan

Utah Jazz: Deron Williams

Memphis Grizzlies: Rudy Gay

Golden State Warriors: Monta Ellis

Los Angeles Clippers: Baron Davis

Los Angeles Lakers: DJ Mbenga

Phoenix Suns: Steve Nash

Portland Trailblazers: Brandon Roy

Sacramento Kings: Kevin Martin

Oklahoma City Thunder: Kevin Durant

You might want to change the "Charlotte Hornets" to "New Orleans." Also, if anyone says Amare for Suns' MVP, I will hunt you down and confiscate your computer.

Caron Butler is FAR from the Wizards MVP this year, he's just been horrible from the field, and looks totally out of sync. There's no doubt it's been Arenas, say what you want about his attitude, but don't deny the fact that he's been our best player so far this year.

Boston Celtics: Paul Pierce

Washington Wizards: Gilbert Arenas

Charlotte Bobcats: Gerald Wallace

Detroit Pistons: Ben Gordon

Houston Rockets: Luis Scola

Los Angeles Clippers: Baron Davis

Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe Bryant

Sacramento Kings: Tyreke Evans

Boston Celtics: Rajon Rondo

New York Knicks: Ak Harrington

Washington Wizards: Antawn Jamison

Charlotte Hornets: Chris Paul

Dallas Mavericks: Dirk Nowitszki

Denver Nuggets: Chauncey Billups

Houston Rockets: Luis Scola

Los Angeles Clippers: Chris Kaman

New Jersey Nets: Brook Lopez

Washington Wizards: Gilbert Arenas

Charlotte Hornets: Chris Paul

Dallas Mavericks: Dirk Nowitzky

Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe Bryant/Andrew Bynum

If your going to state something like that how about you enlighten us and let us know who is??? Instead of just he isn't and we dont follow them enough.

Josh Smith actually has a higher efficiency rating than JJ. So, statistically, Josh Smith is playing better than Joe Johnson this year.

• Like 1

Washington Wizards: Antawn Jamison

Sacramento Kings: Kevin Martin

Josh Smith actually has a higher efficiency rating than JJ. So, statistically, Josh Smith is playing better than Joe Johnson this year.

I was going to post the same thing KB did, but thanks Poe for the info, positived.

Josh Smith is a very efficient player, but Johnson is too good at scoring (especially going 1-on-1) and setting up teammates to be second most valuable. It's easy to be efficient at what you do when what you do is limited.

Arenas' attitude had nothing to do with my leaving him off the top spot. It's the fact that he shoots less than 40% from the field, but still insists on being the first option. Butler is a solid scorer and a strong defender. And, let's face it, he's less of a distraction.

Arenas' attitude had nothing to do with my leaving him off the top spot. It's the fact that he shoots less than 40% from the field, but still insists on being the first option. Butler is a solid scorer and a strong defender. And, let's face it, he's less of a distraction.

You just said in your first sentence that Arenas' attitude has nothing to do with him not being the MVP, yet you mention Butler being less of a distraction?

Arenas also scores over 24ppg, and makes plays. When Butler gets the ball, he totally stops the offense, and shoots horrid jumpers. It may not show up in the boxscores, but his shooting is ugly. Arenas does more than Caron does in the offense.

And oh yeah, Arenas hasn't missed a game this year, Butler has already missed 2.

You just said in your first sentence that Arenas' attitude has nothing to do with him not being the MVP, yet you mention Butler being less of a distraction?

Arenas also scores over 24ppg, and makes plays. When Butler gets the ball, he totally stops the offense, and shoots horrid jumpers. It may not show up in the boxscores, but his shooting is ugly. Arenas does more than Caron does in the offense.

And oh yeah, Arenas hasn't missed a game this year, Butler has already missed 2.

Caron rebounds, defends, and runs the floor. He has his fingerprints all over the game. Gilbert is interested in scoring. He doesn't mind wild shots. He only passes the ball when there's no other choice.

And you're arguing for Gilbert Arenas. It might be wise to leave durability out of the equation.

Caron rebounds, defends, and runs the floor. He has his fingerprints all over the game. Gilbert is interested in scoring. He doesn't mind wild shots. He only passes the ball when there's no other choice.

And you're arguing for Gilbert Arenas. It might be wise to leave durability out of the equation.

You do realize this is the MVP for this season only right? Why in the world would I leave Gil's durability of this argument when those two games Caron missed happened to be important games?

You don't watch many Wizards games do you? Take it from the guy who has seen every game this season, Gil passes the ball more than you think. Don't make ignorant statements such as Gil doesn't pass, it's completely untrue. How else do you think Haywood gets his points? You think he creates shots for himself? Caron is absolutely horrible on defense this year, doesn't pass at all in the offense, doesn't even know what to do half the time down the floor, and is shooting very poorly.

I'm sorry but I'd take Gil's 24+ppg and under 40% shooting over Caron's abysmal play this season.

Now, I never said that Gilbert didn't pass. He does a fair job of avoiding turnovers, especially considering how often he has the ball. All I said was that he doesn't pass to push an offense. He passes when his other angles are cut.

And yes, that does result in points for role players, because they often are ignored by the defense. But it also limits how effective his team can possibly be.

Now, I never said that Gilbert didn't pass. He does a fair job of avoiding turnovers, especially considering how often he has the ball. All I said was that he doesn't pass to push an offense. He passes when his other angles are cut.

And yes, that does result in points for role players, because they often are ignored by the defense. But it also limits how effective his team can possibly be.

Ok, first off, Gil does a terrible job avoiding turnovers, sadly.

He's the one who keeps the ball moving, and he's the one igniting the offense on fastbreaks. But since I can't prove it to you with facts, let me ask you something...Take out Gil from the offense, how well do you think the Wizards would be? Now take off Butler from the offense, how well would the Wizards be?

Butler is replaceable, all Flip Saunders has to do is put in Mike Miller at the SF spot (or hell, put in Dominic McGuire for Christ Sake, the kid can play), and move Nick Young into the starting spot (watch game tape from our last game, he dropped 20 points). Taking out Gil and replacing him with a guy like Earl will not get the job done, Earl is meant for the sixth man role. Plain and simple, no one can replace Gil's 25ppg. Jamison certainly cannot average 40ppg....

Antawn Jamison is the MVP Wizards, regardless of only playing a few games. They play better ball with him in the lineup it seems, and he is the leader. Gilbert, regardless of how much he is scoring, is playing beyond inefficiently. That is why I chose Antawn over Gilbert, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Antawn Jamison is the MVP Wizards, regardless of only playing a few games. They play better ball with him in the lineup it seems, and he is the leader. Gilbert, regardless of how much he is scoring, is playing beyond inefficiently. That is why I chose Antawn over Gilbert, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Please tell me how playing 30% of the season warrants Jamison to be considered the MVP of the Wizards...

I think you're overlooking the fact that this is most VALUABLE player award and not the most efficient player award.

Please tell me how playing 30% of the season warrants Jamison to be considered the MVP of the Wizards...

I think you're overlooking the fact that this is most VALUABLE player award and not the most efficient player award.

He is the most valuable to the team... he is the leader on the floor and is clearly playing the best basketball on the team. We would be a worse team without Antawn than we would without Gilbert. Plus the season just started and I don't see Antawn missing anymore time, so while he has not played as many games as Gilbert, it's not like the difference in games played right now is that drastic with the season not being that progressed yet.

You're being a hypocrite though. You said Devin Harris is the MVP of the Nets but he's only played 5 games.

• Like 1

He is the most valuable to the team... he is the leader on the floor and is clearly playing the best basketball on the team. We would be a worse team without Antawn than we would without Gilbert. Plus the season just started and I don't see Antawn missing anymore time, so while he has not played as many games as Gilbert, it's not like the difference in games played right now is that drastic with the season not being that progressed yet.

You're not understanding the fact that this is through the course of 13 games....I could careless what Jamison managed to do in 4 games, that is not enough to give him the title of the MVP of the Wizards.

You're being a hypocrite though. You said Devin Harris is the MVP of the Nets but he's only played 5 games.

lol I'll admit my mistakes...I didn't really think when I put down Devin Harris.