Bench/Trade Conley

La Bomba

Move Mayo to the position he has played his entire life and the position he told the team he wanted to play when he was drafted. Conley sucks. The Conley that we saw after the All-Star break last year has disappeared. He isn't aggressive, he's passive on both sides of the ball, and he is ineffective. I think we have a better chance to win if we move Mayo to point and put Sam Young in the starting lineup. You are probably scratching your head wondering why in the hell would a second round pick become our starter. Simple, Sam young has been great off then bench and plays harder on both sides of the ball than Conley does.

Mayo has been struggling as well. I'm starting to think Mayo is overrated, but I can also understand his struggles because he hasn't been playing his original position. He started to struggle when Hollins was hired and I think part of the reason is because Hollins never plays Mayo at point, while Ivaroni did.

I'm confused because this team is a complete mess. I see teams like the Blazers and the Thunder and I see all the things we do wrong, they do it right. This team needs changes across the board starting with the management, coaching staff, and players.

In all honesty do you think the team would have been better with A.I. replacing Conley in the starting lineup? If you really are adamant about O.J. playing point then Iverson could have played S.G.

Edited by Ya Dig!

Its a shame iverson left, cuz i think if there was a chance the Grizzlies couldve made playoffs, they could have used conley as tradebait, instead of having no choice but to stick with him now. I had high hopes for him coming through and developing, but it just doesnt look like it will pan out.

In all honesty do you think the team would have been better with A.I. replacing Conley in the starting lineup? If you really are adamant about O.J. playing point then Iverson could have played S.G.

Possibly, but Mayo wouldn't take 20 shots. Lately he has been passive and passing the ball a lot even though he doesn't have the assist numbers to refleact it. Moving Mayo to point would mean he has the ball in his hands a lot more, something he hasn't been had lately.

I would like Young to start because he could bring a solid 10-11 points and play solid defense, which Iverson can't do.

One of the few things Ivaroni did well last season was just that. He started Kyle Lawrey over Conley to start the season and Conley started to play better and eventually he took the starting job and had a great second half of the season. I don't see Hollins doing this because he insists Mayo is a not a point guard.