Amare' Stoudemire wants to play on a winner

Warren2ThaG

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_rumors__40/ept_sports_rumors-550178618-1259758076_thumb.jpg?ym9X_SCD1LIwaFED

-------------

Amare' Stoudemire wants to play on a winner

Along with Chris Bosh(notes), LeBron James(notes), and Dwyane Wade(notes), Amare' Stoudemire will be one of the most-sought-after free agents next summer. And the Phoenix Suns forward said yesterday to the New York Daily News that all the big-name free agents are mainly looking for one thing: the place that's closest to winning a championship. Oh, and the money is nice, too.

Stoudemire is averaging nearly 20 points and seven rebounds a game so far this year. "Speaking for myself, I definitely want to win a championship, that's the ultimate goal," he said.

The Suns are 14-3 so far this year (with one of those losses coming to the lowly New York Knicks) so the best place for Stoudemire could be right there in Phoenix. He has an $18 million option for next year.

Even with proximity to a championship at the top of his list, Stoudemire said he could still end up with the Knicks next year, though it would be a very difficult decision since players "never want to be associated with a bad team."

---

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/12/02/2009-12-02_amare_stoudemire.html?r=sports%2Fbasketball%2Fknicks&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Fknicks+(Sports%2FBasketball%2FKnick

14-3 to 14-5 in two days. <_<

Anyways, I understand what Amar'e is saying. He wants to win a championship and it's unlikely in Phoenix but to win a championship you gotta play defense, which Amar'e needs to improve on.

14-3 to 14-5 in two days. <_<

Anyways, I understand what Amar'e is saying. He wants to win a championship and it's unlikely in Phoenix but to win a championship you gotta play defense, which Amar'e needs to improve on.

Maybe but that doesnt mean the season is over. Pretty sure last week everyone was talking about how good they were again now that Shaq was gone. lol

Have u looked at their record? lol. I'd say they are winners for now. They were at the top of the West a couple days ago.

Yes they have a good record but you know just as well as me that they are not going to make it any where the run and gun style did not work before and will not work again.

Suns got a good thing going for atleast one more year with Nash.

Also, you got J-Rich, Barbosa, Earl Clark, Dragic, and Dudley who look really good for the future. I'd stay with them if I were him.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Yes they have a good record but you know just as well as me that they are not going to make it any where the run and gun style did not work before and will not work again.

Oh im not saying that they will have a chance at the championship. Just saying they are a winning team. Could be worse, he could be on the Nets or Twolves