Knicks Players Fed Up With Losing

A.K.

"Man, I'm tired of it. Everybody is fed up with the losing, it's bull[expletive]," a frustrated Nate Robinson told HOOPSWORLD before Wednesday's game.

D'Antoni knew what he was getting into when he joined New York. He understood that the team would suffer some down years until 2010. The players, on the other hand, didn't sign up for this.

Many have nothing to look forward too because their contracts expire after this year. Nate Robinson, David Lee, Chris Duhon, Al Harrington, Darko Milicic, and Larry Hughes come off of the books after this season. Unlike D'Antoni, these players are enduring the short-term failures with no guarantee that they'll be included in the team's resurgence. Who is really being thrown to the wolves in this situation?

"I'm not worried about that, 2010 will take care of itself," said Harrington. "Hopefully the majority of us are back but if we're not, we'll all move on and continue to further our careers but we can't worry about that right now. We need to right the ship now and just see what happens."

With that said, some players are frustrated that the team isn't making more of an effort to field a competitive team this season. They understand the team's plans but don't like the idea of focusing solely on the future.

"What if the world ended tomorrow? Let me ask you that. Then what? There you go, that's my answer to that," said Robinson when asked if the team has been focusing too much on the future and landing a star free agent rather than the current squad.

Read the full article: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14545

Lol at Nate's comparison.

Anyways the Knicks don't want to lose without having their pick. They should have signed AI, there was no long term risk and they could have just cut him if he was causing problems. Apparently he doesn't even require a guaranteed contract.

But all of these guys will be gone when the Knicks are forced to give up their rights to use their cap. Unless they initiate multiple sign and trades with the teams they are stealing players from, which is doubtful lol.

The Knicks might have enough to offer a max and a big contract, but after that all they can do is sign minimum contracts. They won't even have their MLE if I'm not mistaken. So unless they do sign and trades to get these guys they want then the Knicks won't be very deep past the two stars they sign, if they even get two stars.

but at the same time they can play better if they want to win? lol

Thats like saying if this team played to their full potential they would win the NBA finals or for that matter even make the playoffs.

They do not have enough productive personnel and the team is obviously not making moves to improve the team until there grandiose plan unveils.

They need to stop complaining and play better and then maybe they'll win.

Yeah because complaining off the court really affects on the court performance, this comment was almost as dumb as the next comment.

No wonder Nate doesnt get any playing time. Smh....

Yes Nate doesn't get playing time because D'antoni can predict the future and see Nate saying this. Damn how did you figure that out? You must be a genious!