Eddie Jordan Wants To Start Allen Iverson

NJNJ

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091202/capt.0d7dfca500714e47889b8b084b30b9fb.76ers_iverson_basketball_px102.jpg

Philadelphia coach Eddie Jordan is looking for a way to fit Allen Iverson into the team's starting lineup.

"We're looking at a couple options," Jordan said of how Iverson will fit with the 76ers.

"One of the options we're looking at is obviously, I would like him to start. I haven't talked to the team about it, but it's a thought process. When I make that decision I will talk to the team first and then will tell you guys. I'm really looking to see if he can fit into our starting lineup, but it's not etched in stone."

Iverson is expected to begin his second tenure with the 76ers on Monday night against the Nuggets.

• Owner

Go ahead and bring him off the bench, and Iggy too...and everyone else who will help them win games, since Eddie Jordan is the most intelligent coach in the league and is actually flip-flopping with the idea in the first place.

What's the big deal about coming off the bench in the first place? Shouldn't the amount of PLAYING TIME be more valued? You know, it IS possible to not play the opening minutes, but still get the same amount of playing time, right? Besides, you have more impact at the END of games than in the beginning.

BTW, I'm not saying that AI shouldn't start. Just trying to make a point in saying that you don't need to play the very first few minutes of games in order to have the same impact. Just look at Jason Terry, Manu Ginobili, Udonis Haslem, Al Harrington, etc.

What's the big deal about coming off the bench in the first place? Shouldn't the amount of PLAYING TIME be more valued? You know, it IS possible to not play the opening minutes, but still get the same amount of playing time, right? Besides, you have more impact at the END of games than in the beginning.

BTW, I'm not saying that AI shouldn't start. Just trying to make a point in saying that you don't need to play the very first few minutes of games in order to have the same impact. Just look at Jason Terry, Manu Ginobili, Udonis Haslem, Al Harrington, etc.

Yeah, but Iverson's warped ego won't let him accept anything less.

Yeah, but Iverson's warped ego won't let him accept anything less.

Yep. Unfortunately, that is the main reason to start him. Looks like AI will be getting his way. Still, it will be nice to see him back on the court.

Also, the next Sixers vs Bucks game should be epic.

Yep. Unfortunately, that is the main reason to start him. Looks like AI will be getting his way. Still, it will be nice to see him back on the court.

Also, the next Sixers vs Bucks game should be epic.

Im pretty sure AI doesnt wanna do any damage to his career 27 ppg or w/e it is. Probably why he demands starting and 35+ minutes or else.

Yea, and didn't he always say that the only thing he cares about is winning? :lol:

Winning as long as he gets 25 shots a game, dribbles around until the shot clock is at 20, gets to take breaks on defense, and play 35 minutes a game. If he gets to do all those things, then winning is a nice thing to add on.