Adrian Peterson gets 109 mph ticket

Warren2ThaG

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/10452.jpg

----------------

Adrian Peterson gets 109 mph ticket

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was cited for speeding over the weekend after police clocked him driving 109 mph on a highway in suburban Minneapolis.

Edina police spokeswoman Molly Anderson says Peterson was pulled over just before 8:30 p.m. Saturday.

Peterson was driving his BMW on a state highway in a 55-mph zone. Anderson says he was given a citation and allowed to drive away. She called it a "very routine" traffic stop.

Peterson tells The Associated Press he didn't realize how fast he was going. He said he "got a little speeding ticket" and said he planned to be more careful.

The stop happened the night before Peterson ran for 85 yards and a touchdown in a 36-10 victory over Chicago. He also fumbled twice.

---------

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/12/03/vikings.ap/index.html#ixzz0YefxPLKF

Wow, those aren't cheap but then again he's not the average person so it'll be nothing for him. Still don't understand why he would go that fast because it's not safe. Just imagine if he had crashed and gotten injured.

I bet Peterson wanted to see if his car could go faster then his own high speed of 141 MPH :)

my brother recently got a ticket for 67 in a 25 zone... school zone... during school hours... he almost lost his license (it was his first ticket)

This is my problem with the media. Who the hell cares that some athlete gets a speeding ticket, everyone does at one point. If Peterson feels like speeding, good for him. He'll get a ticket just like everyone else. Same thing with the Tiger Wood's ordeal. CNN literally has 24 hour coverage of this. Who cares? It's him and his family's business.

This is my problem with the media. Who the hell cares that some athlete gets a speeding ticket, everyone does at one point. If Peterson feels like speeding, good for him. He'll get a ticket just like everyone else. Same thing with the Tiger Wood's ordeal. CNN literally has 24 hour coverage of this. Who cares? It's him and his family's business.

I completely agree. There is no reason to make a big deal out of it.

.. And to the guy above me.. are you serious? Are you saying you would want to go to jail if you got caught going 109?

I see people go 100-110 all the time at night and i dont think its a big deal as long as they arent drunk. If he was sober, who cares.