DeMar DeRozan Believes He Could Beat LeBron In Dunk Contest

NJNJ

Lol I doubt LeBron cares what he says. And he's not really calling him out as much as he is asking for a shot at the dunk comp. He wouldn't win but he can probably throw some nasty dunks down. It's a shame what a gimmick the dunk contest has become though. Demar would have to wear 15 and do a VC dunk to get perfect on anything.

I wouldn't be surprised. The dunk contest has been whack in recent years. Dwight was the lone bright spot because he brought creativity back, and i guess Gerald Green did as well that year he lost to Dwight and of course the year he won(No look and jumping over nate was sick). Nate was good his 1st year, but then the whole i'm short and i can dunk thing got old quick. Dwight shoulda had back to back trophies.

Edited by Celtics3420

• Owner

Nah man, there have been some good dunks...but they were all underrated. Iguodala's performance comes to mind, and so does Dwight's sticker dunk, and that tap-off-the-glass dunk was incredible.

Problem is, DeRozan would literally have to showboat, and I actually think it was a good idea what was mentioned above these posts...about wearing a Carter jersey. He should put it on and go after Carter's reverse windmill (his first dunk in 2000) or the elbow in the rim (which I'm not sure if DeRozan can do either of those, especially the reverse windmill).

I don't think Demar can palm the ball the same way VC could which is the reason he was able to that dunk, rather easily it seemed, as well. And I definitely don't think Demar can stick his arm in the rim, frankly I don't think anyone in the NBA could do that dunk.

But either way I would love to see Demar in the dunk competition, just hopefully fare better than Jamario did -_-

i dunno i kind of like having lesser known players in the dunk contest, i think LeBron would bring too much hype that he would either not live up to or he would just be handed the crown.

Frankly id rather have Demar, Shannon Brown, Will Bynum, and someone else (not dwight or nate)

• Owner

I don't think Demar can palm the ball the same way VC could which is the reason he was able to that dunk, rather easily it seemed, as well. And I definitely don't think Demar can stick his arm in the rim, frankly I don't think anyone in the NBA could do that dunk.

But either way I would love to see Demar in the dunk competition, just hopefully fare better than Jamario did -_-

Yeah, I don't know if anyone can do that reverse 360 windmill...but the arm in the rim? I'm sure LeBron, Shannon and a few others can accomplish that. I've seen about 3-4 other guys do it on Youtube, and my friend's brother can do it on the courts out at the park.