Wojo: Portland looking to deal Andre Miller

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/557.jpg

------------

Wojo: Portland looking to deal Andre Miller

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports has reported that several league officials believe Andre Miller could soon be available for trade.

Most interestingly, Wojo writes that sources say Brandon Roy clearly likes playing with Steve Blake over Miller. Given the fact that G.M. Kevin Pritchard struck out on Hedo Turkoglu and Paul Millsap over the summer, the knee-jerk signing of Miller appears to have fully backfired. Miller can't be traded until Dec. 15, and a trade is not imminent.

---

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-tradebuzz120309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

• Owner

Well, Miller is the better overall player, but Blake is a shooter, and that's what Roy wants...and that's what McMillan likes (with him taking that role on a few times in his Sonics days).

However, I don't think either of those guys fits this team, to be honest. Miller will pass the ball and run the point as a true PG would, and Blake is a shooting point that can also pass. I'd much rather see a slashing, score-first point guard in this offense...like Bayless, even though he's barely playing. Roy handles the ball most of the time, probably leading the team in assists because of that, so to me, this team has all the right pieces besides a suitable point guard.

Hopefully he can go back to Philly. I think he would be the perfect compliment for A.I. as he plays very similar to Eric Snow and he fits philly's team.

• Like 1

Hopefully he can go back to Philly. I think he would be the perfect compliment for A.I. as he plays very similar to Eric Snow and he fits philly's team.

So who would you guys give us for him? I hate him in Portland, but he's a HUGE piece to the Sixers so you guys would have to give us something worthwile..Thaddeus Young?

• Owner

I doubt Philly would go for that, especially after re-signing Iverson. You start AI, maybe start Williams as well...and Miller ends up on the bench? Or you Start Iverson at the two with Miller at the point? I don't think that's a good idea with Iverson defending two-guards.

I doubt Philly would go for that, especially after re-signing Iverson. You start AI, maybe start Williams as well...and Miller ends up on the bench? Or you Start Iverson at the two with Miller at the point? I don't think that's a good idea with Iverson defending two-guards.

Well my thoughts were that Miller could defend the two guards. I have never liked A.I. as a point and always thought he performed best when he played along side Eric Snow as point. Because of Iversons style of play I think he gets tunnel vision at times. But maybe Williams can be the facilitator alongside Iverson I have honestly not seen the kid play.

Edited by Ya Dig!

• Owner

Well my thoughts were that Miller could defend the two guards. I have never liked A.I. as a point and always thought he performed best when he played along side Eric Snow as point. Because of Iversons style of play I think he gets tunnel vision at times. But maybe Williams can be the facilitator alongside Iverson I have honestly not seen the kid play.

Well, Williams isn't a true point. He's a scoring two, but he's got a bit of Lamar Odom in him the way he can run an offense...not exactly like a CP3 or Nash, but he's no scrub either.

Sort of hard to compare him to anyone currently. If I took some guys from past Sixers teams, maybe Sedale Threatt (played for the Lakers also, that's when I saw him play). I wonder if any Sixers fans here have ever heard of Eric Money...similar guard.