Brand being shopped

Guest N4S

The 76ers are trying very hard to trade forward Elton Brand, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Brand is owed $66 million over the remaining four years of his large contract and sources added that it will be difficult for Philadelphia to deal him.

A number of teams are looking for low-post scorers, like Charlotte and Golden State, but neither team appears willing to take on Brand's contract.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63197/20091204/sources_76ers_trying_to_unload_brand/

Good luck with that. lol

• Owner

Philly needs to run, like Atlanta is doing.

If they want to keep Brand, they need to stick him at the five and go small, instead of worrying who's getting open in the Princeton offense. Adelman is running the same thing in Houston, and it's working well...because they are going small and they have guys that can knock down shots (ex. Brooks, Battier). When you stick a big in the five, and you still want to run an offense that relies heavily on its shooters, you need him to command doubles.

Yao did it. Brand doesn't get that attention on defense.

In the end, you have the Sixers going down low to Elton, and then everyone is standing around waiting for something to happen...and they end up playing a slow half-court game that lacks ball movement, which is why they are one of the worst teams in the league at 5-14.

Heard there wasn't any truth to this at all(according to one of the Philly sports writers that posts on RealGM).

Plus, the only way we'd able to get a decent trade for Brand at this point is if we include Thad and a first.

Heard there wasn't any truth to this at all(according to one of the Philly sports writers that posts on RealGM).

Plus, the only way we'd able to get a decent trade for Brand at this point is if we include Thad and a first.

Brand, Thad, and a first for Tracy and it is a deal.

Well you don't always seem to open up your mind so why not..

Youth

Not even in his prime yet

Will more than likely thrive again under an actual good coach

Great athlete. And well..fans usually love those types(ie dunks) , gets the crowd excited..puts at least some extra butts in the seats if it's a primarily featured player too.

Youth

Potential

Youth

Potential

Youth

Potential

I'm not saying I WANT him to be traded, but you're sounding a bit foolish right now.

A lot of players have youth and potential....

So...what was the point of your previous post, then? I mean..they're ALWAYS going to be an attractive piece in any transaction.

Better yet, answer your own question....So why would anyone want Thad, then?

• Owner

I dont know but if a team isnt financially equipped to take on Brands contract I dont see how taking the contract is ok as long as you get a player whos young and has potential.

Does Shannon Brown (potential) and Adam Morrison (contract) ring a bell?

Nearly the same, as the Lakers had to dip into the luxury tax to pay Morrison's $5 million or whatever (actually costing Buss $10 mill).