What's so great about Drake?

La Bomba

He does not rap about money [expletive]es and drugs so thats a plus and like Sheed said he can both sing an rap which is pretty cool.

lol "I got money to blow, o o o o o o o"

lol "I got money to blow, o o o o o o o"

Getting it in letting these bills fall all over your skin.

He's just a mainstream artist who has the biggest marketing contract now I must suppose. Every other song features him on the radio

I HATE Drake, hes so overrated and I honestly haven't like anything I've ever heard by him. I always skip over his verse in Forever, change the station when Best I Ever Had/Successful comes on the radio. I don't find his music good at all.

He's shown up to all 3 rap/hiphop concerts that I've been to in the last year (Jay-Z/Kid Cudi/Wale) and everyone goes nuts for him and I just stand there waiting for him to finish his song. He got a bigger cheer from the crowd than Jay-Z did, which is REALLY sad. I understand hometown stuff, but its Jay-Z..

Edited by Jammin

Do you all realize he hasn't even dropped an album yet? I can tell that just about everyone who posted in this thread has only heard his mainstream aka radio songs. If that's the case, of course you'll dislike him. Those songs are made for all the hoes and [expletive].

Listen to 'So Far Gone.' It's one of my favorite mixtapes and it's stuff that some of you might actually like. Aside from that, I'd reserve judgment at least until February when he drops his debut album.

Do you all realize he hasn't even dropped an album yet? I can tell that just about everyone who posted in this thread has only heard his mainstream aka radio songs. If that's the case, of course you'll dislike him. Those songs are made for all the hoes and [expletive].

Listen to 'So Far Gone.' It's one of my favorite mixtapes and it's stuff that some of you might actually like. Aside from that, I'd reserve judgment at least until February when he drops his debut album.

That's something I hate about rap. "Oh his mainstream sucks but his mixtapes are good." Like seriously, what the hell, it's a disgrace to real artists that some people just blatantly make music with this agenda in mind to sell to a certain audience and have their whole goal being to make as much money as possible. If that's not selling out, I don't know what is.

• Like 1

I don't see the problem. Anyone can hear his mixtapes. It's just... most people don't. They hear two or three of his songs on the radio and think that's all they need to accurately pass judgment on an artist. If you haven't heard at least one album or mixtape, I wouldn't even say anything. I don't think that all his mainstream is bad. I just like his mixtapes more. If other people feel differently, I don't mind.

That's something I hate about rap. "Oh his mainstream sucks but his mixtapes are good." Like seriously, what the hell, it's a disgrace to real artists that some people just blatantly make music with this agenda in mind to sell to a certain audience and have their whole goal being to make as much money as possible. If that's not selling out, I don't know what is.

That is what we would call business. Whether it's considered selling out or not, fact is that 99.9% of artists make music to make as much money as possible. Hate to use Kanye as an example, but his lyrics "What you think i rap for to push a [expletive]in rav4?" That pretty much sums up the entire industry, EVERYONE is in it for the money. I mean, would you rather make $10 an hour doing something you love or $30 an hour doing something you dont really like? At the end of the day, them bills needa get paid. I get what you're saying though, it is sad that music has come to this.

I don't listen to main stream stuff much, if at all. There are a few songs that are decent, but for the most part i dont listen to it. Drake is actually not bad, i dont like his songs, but some of his verses on em are pretty good. Though in his song "forever", i listen to that just for eminems verse, EM just murks every single one of those guys on that track. Wish he woulda did that on his own album though lol.

That is what we would call business. Whether it's considered selling out or not, fact is that 99.9% of artists make music to make as much money as possible. Hate to use Kanye as an example, but his lyrics "What you think i rap for to push a [expletive]in rav4?" That pretty much sums up the entire industry, EVERYONE is in it for the money. I mean, would you rather make $10 an hour doing something you love or $30 an hour doing something you dont really like? At the end of the day, them bills needa get paid. I get what you're saying though, it is sad that music has come to this.

Yeah I agree.. I don't know about that 99.9% statistic. But yeah I agree most popular artists are just concerned with making sure they make something that the people with like rather than just using music as a form of expression. I'm trying to think if I listen to anyone that could be accused of that, maybe Eminem and Weezer.