Better Shooter?

Jonah

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gallinari Is a 44% FG shooter, and a 44% 3-Point shooter. In his 2 season career.

Allen is a 44% FG shooter, and a 39% 3-Point shooter. In his 13 year career.

I know Allen has been shooting for much longer, but Gallo has been impressive from the field. What do you guys think?

I think it's easier for Gallo to shoot a high percentage because of the mismatches he creates. Plus, he hasn't made a reputation as a truly dangerous shooter the way Ray Allen has.

Normally Ray gets his looks by plays set up for him, coming off screens and whatnot, while Gallo just sort of spots up and shoots over the top.

Until Gallo starts getting more attention from his opponents, I'm going to have to go with Ray.

• Like 1

Lets see Gallo do this for more than 5 seasons as a primary option then we can decide. As of now, Ray by far.

Exactly.

Its not fair to compare a 13 year career vs a 2 year career. Obviously the 2 year career will have better stats overall (200 shots taken vs 5800, not a good comparison). Plus Ray Allen takes like double the amount of 3 point shots then DG.

Edited by bravenewworld

For now it's Allen but in the future, I think my choice will change. Gallinari has potential to be better than Allen it's just that like people stated not many people are aware of his crazy shooting like they are of Ray Allen's.

For now it's Allen but in the future, I think my choice will change. Gallinari has potential to be better than Allen it's just that like people stated not many people are aware of his crazy shooting like they are of Ray Allen's.

I still don't think Gallinari will reach Allen. Allen is probably a top 10 all time 3 point shooter. He's seasoned and has experienced everything from the 3 point line. Gallinari is in his second season and although he's shooting phenomenally, it's only been a quarter of the season. His percentage will fluctuate during the course of the season. That being said, Gallinari has shown promise and if anyone would be the next best shooting threat it's him. His early numbers are showing that he actually can have a better career behind the arc than Allen. But of course we all know that numbers don't tell the whole story.