Oden tells teammates to keep fighting without him

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3225.jpg

--------------

Oden tells teammates to keep fighting without him

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—In an instant, the fire in Greg Oden’s(notes) eyes was gone. As he was taken from the Rose Garden floor on a stretcher, defeat was written all over the 7-foot center’s face.

Oden broke his left kneecap in the Trail Blazers’ game Saturday night against the Houston Rockets and is likely out for the season.

It is the latest injury to befall the No. 1 overall draft pick in 2007, who some have compared to Sam Bowie, the often-injured big man the Blazers selected ahead of Michael Jordan in the 1984 draft.

Brandon Roy(notes) said that Oden apologized and bowed his head as he was wheeled off the court. Once he learned his diagnosis, Oden told his teammates in the locker room he was sorry he let them down.

“He didn’t do anything,” forward LaMarcus Aldridge(notes) protested. “People don’t understand that injuries are part of the game. We all are at risk every time we play so I think injuries are going to happen. It’s unfortunate that it’s happened to him.”

The Blazers said Oden will need surgery. A timetable for his return was not immediately set.

more...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-trailblazers-oden&prov=ap&type=lgns

I really feel bad for not only him but the Blazers, it will be hard to win without Oden.

Nah, they'll be fine. Pryzbilla is very capable like always. No true big off the bench though. I bet they trade Andre Miller for one or maybe just sign one.

Nah, they'll be fine. Pryzbilla is very capable like always. No true big off the bench though. I bet they trade Andre Miller for one or maybe just sign one.

I think Oden was more of the Blazer's most valuable player this season than Roy is.

Oden was crashing the boards and starting to show everyone that he really wasn't a bust.