People you know/knew that play D1?

Celtics3420

I knew Alex oriakhi(freshman at UCONN) in Middle School. Met him in 7th grade, led our middle school team to the finals in our city both years, but never won it. He tranfered to some other school after attending Lowell High(my school) for literally a day.

His Yahoo stats page

Any of you know people who played/are playing D1 in college? Or are you currently play D1 in college? I think it's pretty cool when you see people you knew or from your city have success in sports, especially the sport you love yourself.

Russell Hicks went to my high school when I was in Grade 9, he went to Pepperdine and was actually coached by Paul Westphal, the current coach of the Sacramento Kings, but Russell transferred to Florida International and left last year, the year before Isiah started there. I heard he got drafted to the D League.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=russell_hicks

I've played against a few guys in the NCAA/NBA/Overseas Leagues.

Brock Motum, who plays for Washington State at the moment played for John Paul College (JPC) which is the school down the road from I went to high school. Motum is a 6'8" forward. He was a center in Australia, but he doesn't have the height for it in semi-pro teams. They (JPC) also had two guys who play in Europe at the moment, I've forgotten their names, but they also played at JPC; they are twins if that makes it any easier for someone to track them down.

I've also guarded Patty Mills back when he used to play for Townsville High School. It was in the CBSQ (state) tournament in 2006 before he moved to the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS). His team only beat us by 20 and he surprsingly wasn't even the best player there. They had another guard, Michael Cedar, who played in the NBL in 2007 and just tore the tournament up. He didn't get too far in the NBL, though. His brother, Chris, is a starter on the NBL though.

Two of my friends have also played/play professionally at one time or another. Thomas Ammar played for the Brisbane Bullets until they became defunct. He's obsessed with Jordan, and has exactly the same frame as Jordan did, 6'6", 210lbs. He's currently playing in the QABL (the second best league in Aus), averaging like 17/9 for Logan. He played college ball at Mars Hill as a walk on and averaged some decent numbers down there, too. And there's also Corbin Wroe. Some of the Australians might know him because he's a really big name on the high school circuit. He's 15, 6'8 and is a defensive powerhouse. He's already had a few scholarship offers from the United States, I wont say where, but they're big universities. He's playing for Lake Ginenderra in the National tournament, but he's schooled at the AIS for the time being. His brother and I also go to uni together.

Edited by AtTheDriveIn