LeBron's 43 aren't enough as Grizzlies top Cavaliers, 111-109, in overtime

La Bomba

After appearing intimidated and lacking poise to start, the Grizzlies emerged from halftime with enough moxie to beat the Cleveland Cavaliers, 111-109, in an overtime affair in FedExForum.

An announced crowd of 16,325 celebrated when the game ended after Cleveland’s LeBron James launched a 3-point attempt that bounced off the front of the rim as time expired.

The Griz overcame a 16-point first-half deficit for their third straight victory, and largest comeback win of the season.

“In the first half we were a little tentative,” Griz coach Lionel Hollins said. “We were watching them play. … I didn’t think we competed as hard as we could. In the second half we came out and we battled.”

Conley put the Griz ahead for good when he cruised by Cleveland center Shaquille O’Neal and scored at the rim. James had just tied the score at 109 with 14.9 ticks remaining in the extra session.

“I got a good look and I just had to finish the shot,” Conley said. “I was confident I could get in there and try to make a play. … To win against a good team like Cleveland is a good statement for our team. We’re trying to improve and this is a good step.”

O’Neal said Conley caught him off guard.

“It was late in the shot clock and I thought he was going to shoot the jumper,” O’Neal said. “And (Conley) gave the Allen Iverson carry-hesi(tation) move, and he got me.”

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/dec/08/lebrons-43-arent-enough-grizzlies-top-cavaliers-11/