Agent acknowledges that Bonds' career is over

bigdog17k

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/10/08/sp-nlcs09_ph3_bo_0498906552_part1.jpg

Bonds' agent concedes slugger's playing days are over

Barry Bonds' agent finally acknowledged Wednesday that the home run king is done playing baseball.

"It's two years since he played his last game, and if there was any chance he'd be back in a major-league uniform, it would have happened by now," agent Jeff Borris told The Chronicle. "When 2008 came around, I couldn't get him a job. When 2009 came around, I couldn't get him a job. Now, 2010 ... I'd say it's nearly impossible. It's an unfortunate ending to a storied career."

Technically, Bonds hasn't retired, and he repeatedly has said he won't retire, leaving open the outside chance that some team will call.

Full Article

For some reason, I was just wondering what had happened to him. Not sure why he doesn't retire because I doubt any team will want him.

Yep, same. :wacko:

The last real thing I heard about him was when the Rays won the division, and there were some talks about maybe bringing him in.

Edited by bigdog17k