Worst thing youve witnessed as a Sixers fan

Amare320

what have you disliked most about watching and following the Sixers over all the years that you have, what made you a grumpy and a somewhat disgrunted fan of this basketball club?

One of the things that comes to my head first is when the fued between Iverson and our management (owner, gm, etc) and that we had to see Iverson leave Phily in the worst of ways, it wasent the way we wanted to see him leave after all his loyal years with the club though we have him back that still annoys me. Another thing is the lack of talent we had surrounding Iverson in the past, im sorry but an out of prime Glen Robinson, Chris Webber and a bunch of teenagers never did it for me. I defiantly thought that if the management really put some effort into getting 10 vital pieces that meshed together well to make the team really competitive it could of been good. There is many more so please express! : )

The worst single moment that I witnessed in person was Hedo Turkoglu's game winning shot in game 4 of the Magic series last year.

This 12-game losing streak is pretty [expletive]ing frustrating too. They are in almost every game in the final minutes, but a combination of Eddie Jordan being a retard and just a general lack of an ability to finish has led to twelve losses in a row.

Also, going to games in a silent building that is 1/4 full and nobody gives a [expletive] is pretty depressing too.

Edited by Phightins

• Owner

Too bad you guys weren't die-hard fans when Barkley was traded to Phoenix. I know a 48-year old Sixers fan (friends with my dad) who used to live in Chestnut Hill (not even sure where that's at), and he said a ton of older Philly fans stopped watching basketball after the Sixers traded Barkley for Hornacek, and it started after Barkley won the MVP that following year.

This current state that they are in has to be up there, though, with the younger audience (which I'll go ahead and say that includes me as well, since I wasn't THAT big of an NBA fan in 1992). Eddie Jordan had three all-star caliber players in Washington, and he managed to win less than 46 games every year, and despite the injury-plagued seasons, there were one or two where they were all healthy enough to win 50.

Actually, I can't remember the one year that Eddie actually coached well, in Washington or Sacramento.

I feel this relative.. i really want a cardboard cut out Eddie Jordan so i can punch it, i know it's wrong to do that based on pure anger, but man the Sixers mangement over the past decade has been horrific, except for maybe Larry Brown's coaching term and Stafanski has made a few good moves but it isn't good enough. All im saying and i can probably speak for a lot of the fans of this club, is we need a guy to come into this team and just do a complete 180 and turn everything around, will it ever happen.. right now, im not so sure. We can only hope!

Too bad you guys weren't die-hard fans when Barkley was traded to Phoenix. I know a 48-year old Sixers fan (friends with my dad) who used to live in Chestnut Hill (not even sure where that's at), and he said a ton of older Philly fans stopped watching basketball after the Sixers traded Barkley for Hornacek, and it started after Barkley won the MVP that following year.

This current state that they are in has to be up there, though, with the younger audience (which I'll go ahead and say that includes me as well, since I wasn't THAT big of an NBA fan in 1992). Eddie Jordan had three all-star caliber players in Washington, and he managed to win less than 46 games every year, and despite the injury-plagued seasons, there were one or two where they were all healthy enough to win 50.

Actually, I can't remember the one year that Eddie actually coached well, in Washington or Sacramento.

I thought it was Chestnut Hill where Boston College is, but it's actually HERE

I Learn something new every day