James Harden not that great of a decision?

I say this because as you can see the Thunder have a lot of backcourt turnovers and although Westbrook is phenomenal at what he is doing for the team he cannot play point.

The point guard is the player who protects the ball and delivers it to the half court which then makes the passing decision or scoring decision. This team would have been much better taking Tyreke Evans over James Harden and moving Westbrook to the SG position.

The guy didn't actually want to play point guard so i don't see why the Thunder forced him too, you could argue it is 'paying' off but the Thunder are barely above .500, they could do much better without all them turnovers.

Imagine.

PG - Tyreke Evans

SG - Russell Westbrook/Thabo (extremely strong defensive backcourt, Harden plays NO defense)

SF - Durant

PF - Green

C - Krstic

Harden is in a tough situation unlike Evans and Jennings. They got to be top dog after a month or right away. While Harden has to compete with so much others. Harden will prolly finish as the same level as the other two but it will take time. Maybe one day with the thunder or not. Too bad there really wasn't a big as a top draft pick (besides Griffen).

The guy didn't actually want to play point guard so i don't see why the Thunder forced him too, you could argue it is 'paying' off but the Thunder are barely above .500, they could do much better without all them turnovers.

Westbrook didn't want the Thunder to draft a point guard because he wanted to be their point guard of the future.

in all honesty im over the whole Green and Westbrook experiment green would be great sixth man, i have finally come to reason with that he is not fit for the power forward pos. he is still my boy and dont want to see him traded

i would like to see scotty mix up the lineups a bit and see wat happens

something like

pg Harden OR brook

sg brook OR harden

sf durant

pf ibaka

c krstic

6man green

7man thabo

as for the pick as everyone else said his not in the same situation as other rooks. he has shown he can do it so there is no doubt in my mind he was a 'wasted' pick

in all honesty im over the whole Green and Westbrook experiment green would be great sixth man, i have finally come to reason with that he is not fit for the power forward pos. he is still my boy and dont want to see him traded

i would like to see scotty mix up the lineups a bit and see wat happens

something like

pg Harden OR brook

sg brook OR harden

sf durant

pf ibaka

c krstic

6man green

7man thabo

as for the pick as everyone else said his not in the same situation as other rooks. he has shown he can do it so there is no doubt in my mind he was a 'wasted' pick

Hell no....

I don't get why barely being over 500. is a bad thing for the Thunder. We were not the best team last year and we're showing signs of being a future powerhouse.

Green isn't doing too bad at the four, he's a pretty solid rebounder.

Thabo is pretty underrated if you ask me, he plays great defense has good size and he can wet the three ball, for a while he was leading the Thunder in 3's.

Ask for the Harden topic, I think we drafted fine, he's doing fine at the 2 and is actually impressing me, I didn't know he could pass the ball that well. Evans has it easy in Sac because he's the star there, they have NO scoring options, if you havn't noticed, Jennings is on a slump, why? Maybe because he was hot for the fact that 3/5 starters were hurt and Redd is having a terrible year.

I love Westbrook, idk even know how you could think of moving him to the 2, he's a future all-star PG if you ask me.

I'm totally content with the 2009-2010 Thunder and we're the future.

Thunder > Blazers

By the way Moe, I probably shouldn't have quoted you, only about a sentence of that was directed your way haha sorry.

Harden is still my favorite rookie in this draft class. Give him some time and you'll soon find out that Harden was a great pickup for you guys. Sure, Evans might of been the better pick but you can't go wrong with Harden.

Me too. Harden was one of the best pick ups in the draft and his style fits the Thunder perfectly.

I also think for a rookie he has solid defense and good offense, i definitely see him becoming a Manu type player.

• 3 weeks later...

Me too. Harden was one of the best pick ups in the draft and his style fits the Thunder perfectly.

I also think for a rookie he has solid defense and good offense, i definitely see him becoming a Manu type player.

I hope not, I hate Manu lol

j/k I'm not a fan of Manu but despite his hollywood stunts I like his style of play.