Marcus Banks: "I'm Basically A Game Changer."

Still, their success on Sunday was a lot like (Pops) Mensah-Bonsu's good work at the tail end of last year's lost season. It didn't prove that Mensah-Bonsu was a great NBA player; he may or may not be in the league for long. It only proved that you don't need to be a great NBA player to make impact with guts. And if you were a potentially great player who constantly, even regularly, played with abandon? That's the hypothetical that has yet to be answered by the likes of Andrea Bargnani and Hedo Turkoglu, to name a couple of this season's chronic joggers. Their perspiration-is-beneath-me arrogance is among the biggest reasons why this Raptors team is sub-.500 and showing only occasional signs of being better than its record.

Perhaps that begins to change here on Tuesday night, when the Raptors visit a Heat unit in disarray. Perhaps Jose Calderon's absence from the travelling party – he is out with a hip injury – will give other members of the backcourt the opportunity to showcase skills not in Calderon's tool box. Banks is of the belief it will.

"From my standpoint, I think that I'm basically a game-changer, as far as defensively. I think I can pretty much stay in front of any guy one on one," said (Marcus) Banks. "Not saying that Jose or (Jarrett) Jack can't do it, but I really, really take pride in doing it."

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/738709--feschuk-raptors-bad-guys-show-value-of-effort

A somewhat misleading title, but honestly, would you have clicked on this thread if I had some other less-eye catching title? Probably not.